Sign in to follow this  
majoris

Just an idea..

I've been a long time OFP player and just moved to ArmA about a week ago, and the game has so much more potential than OFP did.

One idea that I had for OFP back in the day was to have an actual combat "simulation" on one of the islands. I'm just wondering who would be interested in the same thing for ArmA.

Basically, it would be a very long (multiple days, even) series of war games. Each team would have a large amount of players (as many as possible) with a general rank structure. This would work well for clans.

The objective is to simply eliminate the opposition by whatever means necessary. One team starts on one end of the island, the opposing team starts on the other. Squad leaders and officers could lead patrols, set up ambushes, infiltrate during the night, or do whatever they wish. The rank structure, honesty, and some roleplaying would do the trick.

I don't see how you could realistically portray combat in any other way. I'm in the military myself, and I know that if I was in an imaginary squad of dedicated and realism-focused players, ArmA could be taken to a new level in simulation.

The latest version 1.4e causes CTDs a bit too often though. And respawns don't seem to work ok either.

? as far as im aware its only up to v1.4c?

That's the latest version we have uploaded to our =22SAS- public server! wink_o.gifHere!