Sign in to follow this  
m_guillaume

Multiple viewport & customized HUD ?

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if it's possible to have multiple viewports during the game (Arma or OFP) in order to have multiple views of the same scene at the same time. I tried to split the screen but I don't manage to find scripting elements that allow such a thing.

I was also wondering if it's possible to insert our own HUD in the game.

Sorry for my noobs questions, but I don't find the answers.

(and sorry for my english).

See you.

Hi m_guillaume,

I'm not answering to your questions because I do know the answers and the solutions to your questions, but because I do 'fear' that you might stay without the answer on your first post here on this forum. wink_o.gif

No, I don't think it's possible to have a multiple views of the same scene at the same time.

I think it's possible to create your own HUD, it was done with some addons, but ingame,,,I don't know, I guess it's possible.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for my noobs questions,,,

Sheeeh!  wow_o.gifcrazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Anyways, wait a bit more, and maybe you'll get an answer from someone which do have some more clue and the knowledge about these things than me.

(And your English is better than mine)

Thanks for your answer karantan.

I was wondering how to do those things because I am on a student placement right now and the company employing me want to simulate the driving of teleoperated vehicles.

Each vehicle has got 3 cameras on it and as a consequence 3 views are available on the command console.

I was exploring the possibilities of scripting and modding through the games OFP and ArmA and was thinking of purchasing a VBS 1 or VBS 2 licence (or trial licence).

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

See you.

You could do it with three computers and monitors though. Or even by running three instances of OFP on the same computer in windowed mode.

HUDs can be modified, in the vehicle configs and bin.pbo/config.cpp.

Thanks Metal Heart for tose ideas.

I've already thinking of triple launching OFP but my computer doesn't have enough memory to do that (I've tried width 2 OFP and it was awful with the framerate).

3 computers sounds great but I haven't got 3 computers sad_o.gif.

So, during my researches, I've encountered this famous website for OFP fans : kegetys.net.

The author does a great trick by overiding the d3d8.dll and do his own stuff in it (somes shaders). The engine thinks he is talking to the real d3d dll but in fact he talk to the author program. Then the tricky dll has got access to the different programmable parts of the pipeline to do different effects.

So, if I make a similar tricky dll and if I write a game script that alternate 3 cameras positionning, then I might store 3 passes in some textures (render to texture) and in a 4th pass, I might draw 3 or 4 textured quad on the screen (3 for the different point of view and 1 for the HUD in the bottom of the screen).

Using this method, the framerate will fall like the launch of 3 OFP but it will be not necessary to link the 3 windowed OFP on a virtual LAN because there will be only one fullscreen window smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]

HUDs can be modified, in the vehicle configs and bin.pbo/config.cpp

I was not aware of that, thanks for the information.