Sign in to follow this  
Flat!!!

Heli land with no WP & go even if group mem dead

OK so i have used the search but found nothing in it that suits me so i made a new topic. Ok so first of all i have made a trigger (activated by radio alpha) Then in the condition i typed obj1=true obj2=true... then in the activation I wrote Blackhawk(name of chopper) domove position player; exec brief.sqf (something like that) and it makes the chopper land when I pop a smoke and gives me the smokenade when the chopper is ~250meters away. Then i have set another trigger with activated by:none and in condition i wrote Sagadjev in Blackhawk (my players name is Sagadjev) This is where i would like to input the whole group... but i don't understand the command... i found it somewhere but did not get it to work as i don't know how to call a group anything. Anyways in the activation of the 2nd trigger i wrote Blackhawk domove position heli1 (helipad H not invisible altho that should not matter?) so now when i call heli comes and hovers in the air and when I pop the smoke it lands on the smoke (i placed a invisible helipad for that) and when i board the helicopter it fly's to Heli1 but does not land. I have tried placing another trigger and in the condition I typed trigger2=true(the 2nd trigger is called that) and in the activation i typed Blackhawk land "land". i have also tried putting the blackhawk land "land" in the second trigger after the domove position heli1... So I am out of ideas please brighten me in both matters:). help.gif

firefoxlover.gif

Add a the last waypoint of the heli on the H pad, in the on activate caseof the waypoint, try :

nameoftheheli flyinheight 1;

so you can eject of the heli.

I want to avoid way points... Using triggers instead. Is there any command that you can type into the activation field making the heli act like if it had the way point "transport Unload". I don't mind using a script.

firefoxlover.gif

I got the group count dead to work. In other words now my heli waits for all living group members yay.gif But I am in need of some command I can type into a trigger or something that will make the heli land... PLZ help.gifbanghead.gif

firefoxlover.gif

Plz help people help.gif Is there anyway to make a trigger that makes the chopper land?

firefoxlover.gif

Well the prob is that i have 2 trigger one for chopper to come one to go. Now i add a 3d trigger but it never activates... i tried calling 2nd trigger bex then type in 3d trigger in condition bex=true and in act i typed Blackhawk flyinheight 1 but this did not work.

firefoxlover.gif

I type in the onact blackhawk land "land" and in the condition bex=true.

Bex is the 2nd trigger. when i have this 3d trigger it never lands.

firefoxlover.gif

I was going to give u the script to put into the trigger activation field to create a waypoint that would do this, but the trigger didnt seem to want to accept setting the waypoint type, simply could not get it to work.

I dont really know why the land command wouldnt work in a trigger and do work in a waypoint tho, seems to me it should work. You should have an invisible H at the final landing area too, in case maybe it cant find a spot to land, although it sounds like its just doing nothing...

If you still cannot get this to work, I can put up a short script that would add in a scripted "land" waypoint that you could execute from your second triggers activation line, but thats only if you are interested, as of late Im getting tired of putting half an hour to an hour in to help someone just to get no response, so if you would like this let me know. smile_o.gif

Ofcourse smile_o.gif The land thing does not work with a invisible h either.

Put in a .sqs file (copy and paste a .sqs file from where ever and clear its conents) and name it HeliLand.sqs

then copy the below script into it.

In your mission, add in two markers. One marker is for your LZ zone, and the other marker is for the "pre" LZ move position, this is the waypoint that, once helo gets there, it will begin land and while landing move towards LZ.

Make both markers type "empty", and name one LZ, and name the other PreLZ.

To keep it simple, just put the PreLZ marker just before LZ (so the helo gets to the PreLZ first)

LZ marker is where u exactly want the helo to land.

Remove your invisible H, and/or a regular H that may be at or near the LZ. This script will create one and delete it at the LZ marker. This will allow multiple helos to fly in nearby, if u ever wanted that later.

In your trigger, just put this in activation line:

[getMarkerPos "PreLZ",getMarkerPos "LZ"] exec "HeliLand.sqs"

Tested, it works fine.

Its setup to get the helo pilots out after 20 seconds after landing at the LZ. I can change that if you dont want them out, and just want engine off after landing. Script also deletes all waypoints once landing is complete, so you should be able to execute this multiple times later if desired for same crew.

I did put in one extra waypoint at the PreLZ pos before executing the land, it affects nothing and is just a backup to be safe to ensure the helo moves there first before executing the land (on of those safe rather than sorry things)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;HeliLand.sqs

;[PreLandMarker,LZMarker]

;[getMarkerPos "PreLZ",getMarkerPos "LZ"] exec "HeliLand.sqs"

_PreLZ = _this select 0

_LZ = _this select 1

;get pilot

CrewGroup = (group Driver Blackhawk)

;make a global equal to LZ zone position

Helo1LZ = _LZ

;create Wp Plan

CrewGroup addWaypoint [_PreLZ,0]

[CrewGroup, 1] setWaypointType "MOVE"

CrewGroup addWaypoint [_PreLZ,0]

[CrewGroup, 2] setWaypointType "MOVE"

[CrewGroup, 2] setWaypointStatements ["true", "HeliPad1 = ""HeliHEmpty"" createvehicleLocal Helo1LZ;Blackhawk land ""LAND"";deleteVehicle HeliPad1"]

CrewGroup addWaypoint [_LZ,0]

[CrewGroup, 3] setWaypointType "MOVE"

[CrewGroup, 3] setWaypointStatements ["!(isEngineOn Blackhawk)","Blackhawk engineOn true;Blackhawk FlyInHeight 0"]

[CrewGroup, 4] setWaypointType "MOVE"

[CrewGroup, 4] setWaypointStatements ["true","Blackhawk engineOn false"]

[CrewGroup, 4] setWaypointTimeout [20, 20, 20]

[CrewGroup, 5] setWaypointType "GETOUT"

[CrewGroup, 5] setWaypointTimeout [20, 20, 20]

[CrewGroup, 5] setWaypointStatements ["true","deleteWaypoint [CrewGroup, 0];deleteWaypoint [CrewGroup, 1];deleteWaypoint [CrewGroup, 2];deleteWaypoint [CrewGroup, 3];deleteWaypoint [CrewGroup, 4];deleteWaypoint [CrewGroup, 5]"]

Exit

as a note:

I have discovered a new move/land order that is too close to the position where the helo is currently landed at will result in the helo either going nowhere, pilots getting out, or helo rising to normal altitude and sitting there (which result depends on exact orders given) - simple, dont send a helo to land nearby a current landing zone, even 100 - 200 meters is really to close.

Hmmm figured out my own way yay.gif but thanx anyways Special.

I managed to fix the chopper landing part using 2 scripts (2 because i am a scripting N00B). Ok so i have kept the first trigger but in the 2nd trigger i removed the "Sagadjev in blackhawk" and in the activation i removed the blackhawk domove position heli1. In stead of the domove I made a script that is as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Blackhawk domove position heli1

~20

Blackhawk land "land"

Heli1 distance blackhawk <1

Blackhawk flyinheight 1

This makes the chopper move to the heli1 land and then stay their. Now if i only had that the chopper would keep its engineon forever so i made another script activated by the chopper on the helipad and the code is as following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~10

Blackhawk setfuel 0

I made it into a script so that it took time before the chopper lost its fuel so that it has time to land saftly. !

firefoxlover.gifyay.gifyay.giffirefoxlover.gif

[...] Then in the condition i typed obj1=true obj2=true... [...]

[...] and in the condition I typed trigger2=true(the 2nd trigger is called that) [...]

A condition is a condition, not a command.

Most likely your problems are related to this.

I know it not a command and the obj1=true... are so that you only can call for extracyion when you have completed the objectives. BTW the matter is solved now.

firefoxlover.gif

well, your "condition" is still a command then, as it still is supposed to set obj1 to true (as you've written obj1=true).

Hmm what i mean with it is that I want the trigger only to be activated when these objectives are completed altho this i have discovered does not work. So how do I make a trigger activate when all objectives are done (objective 1...)

firefoxlover.gif