Sign in to follow this  
Valcron

"3 is down, 3 is down, 3 is down, 4 is down"

Hey OP Flaspoint devs, how do you like being spammed?

Well you STILL HAVE NOT FIXED THIS error. It is STILL happening.

Just so you all know, at the bottom of Morph's original thread Suma suggests not using "report status" as a temporary fix.

My group tried this, and the bug still cropped up. This happen to anyone else?

Just for the record I'm not bashing the OFP team, they have created what is now my all time favorite game. For the amazing realism and complexity of this game, it has surprisingly few glitches

Ran into this problem last night too. I see Ondrej suggesting not to use Report Status, but I never use that. It seems my toon does it all of his own. We were playing the Shadowkiller mission coop; I was sneaking up the hill north of Dourdan to lay a trap for the convoy while my other two mates headed into Dourdan to blow up the depot. Someone in town gets detected, there's gunfire, then one of them gets killed. I am still crawling around the hill when all of a sudden, my character calls "request status" out of the blue; I never used that command, he just did it automatically. Then the "2 is down" chant begins.

Is there any way to stop this? One of you mentioned about it happening only when you respawn as seagull; can this be turned off too?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FeloniousPunk @ Feb. 14 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there any way to stop this?<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "repeating message" and try out the mentioned remedies that worked for some but not for everyone. Let us know if anything helped.

"Report Status" is used auto by the commander in the same way "enemy soldier, 200" is. But yeah, its caused by report status and seagull.

And FP, it was up on the hill the first one - the second attempt was down in the town (when it went "3 is down, 2 is down, 3 is down...")