Sign in to follow this  
GAU-8

recent issue with mouses causes fits of RAGE!!

ok its not that bad, but it is pissing me off.

im looking into several websites for this, as well as this one.

i use track-IR (3 pro with vector..) for ARMA,

i BELIEVE this is a mouse issue, highly doubtful track-IR involved, but we'll see.

problem- (and it JUST started, maybe 2 days ago)

anytime i fly (pilot,NOT PASSENGER) a HELO...after several seconds, up to a minute PILOTING the aircraft.. my mouse, just starts pitching UP! making helo's go nose up in the air. then crashing killing of several multiplayers sad_o.gif multiplayer guys were like "WTF DUDE YOU CANT FLY!" to "did ya go an take a piss mid flight???"" lol..kinda funny, but if i exit the helo..... my characters gun starts rising into the air. if i log out of game, the cursor starts to travel to the top of the screen. it always moves upwards, but i can control it to a point.

shut down restart.

play the game several hours .been in vehciles, tanks jeeps, cars, boats... no problem. get in a helo again...30 seconds to a minute or 2 later. im having to pitch down everywhere to compensate for my "stuck up / nose high" mouse input.

just started a day or so ago, but i havent changed anything in game, or computer wise....doubtful its track-ir..but im checking out thier site as well.

possible answers...

Is your mouse wireless?

I've had similar problems before (not with Track IR  - don't have it) where USB devices either conflicted with the mouse or proved just too much for my PSU. Especially in BF2 where I used a headset for TS, a joypad, a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Buying a PS2 Port mouse got my gaming back.

check trackir isnt bound to anything it shouldn't be.

also, check on trackir on the tracking view (the black window that shows you the dots). see if there's a good clear view of the dots and not any reflections or stuff. I found now its summer i get glare against my shiney forehead (stop laughing bitches!wink_o.gif (even through a curtain this was happening by the way). Solved it by hanging a towel over the window.

additional basic info

optical mouse, and has a USB cord, is plugged directly into port on computer, and NOT thru a powered/non powered hub.

when I fly, I use the saitek X52 controller, and so far that doesnt seem to be linked to anything inappropriately.

with track-IR, that in itself isnt affected in flight, or walking. light sources in the frame of view for the track-ir are non existant...

its something flying related..but it only affects the mouse, within a short amount of time. its not immediate, but usually within 30 seconds of flight..sometimes more, but not anything over 2 or 3 minutes.

but because the mouse controls lower body movement, and is coupled to flight controls (even if a joystick is being used), its still jacking the game up. on thier own, track-IR, and X52 operate fine..even when the mouse is pushing upwards. but once it starts, i CANT stop it, in game or out of game....but now that i think about it i do use a profile for the X52 for comms... but all that does is binds the "ALT" key to my button to speak. (i did start using the profile 2 or 3 days ago..maybe its the key binding in game...or button config in profile that is ill.

i dont think its related to how many usb devices you have because i have plugged in

joypad

joystick

steering wheel & pedals

trackir

graphics tablet

keyboard & mouse

nostromo N52

i dont use em all in armed assault though. just mouse,keyboard,nostromo,joystick, and trackir.

just keep checking the bnids for the joystick profile and the game, and then recheck. - to be honest i think your just going to have to fiddle until you find out what it was.

FOUND IT!...

it was the throttle on X52.. i just pulled the mouse to the bottom of screen, and on its way up, i unplugged a new USB device. i figured if it stopped. then that device was somehow linked.

sure enough, it stopped when i unplugged the controller. then i just kept pressing keys and axis, one at a time until the movement appeared. apparently it only happend at the last 10 percent of throttle movement (hence the "only started after 30 seconds or so"...but was always within two minutes of flight (FULL THROTTLE)... allthough in game controls showed nothing binding/conflicting with nouse controller, i jsut did "DEFAULT" key settings, and reapplied my original bindings. thats it smile_o.gif

thank you for the help smile_o.gif

"new angry rant EDIT "

DAMMIIIIT! ok i know what is involved with the problem, but its still not fixed.. i thought it was. so far i cant find out why the throttle is controlling mouse movement in game. even with default keys ... im still gettting this. im sure its staring me directly in the face, but im so tired, i prolly skipping right over it. well i'll see what i can do after i get some sleep.

DAMMIIIIT!  ok i know what is involved with the problem, but its still not fixed.. i thought it was. so far i cant find out why the throttle is controlling mouse movement in game. even with default keys ... im still gettting this. im sure its staring me directly in the face, but im so tired, i prolly skipping right over it.  well i'll see what i can do after i get some sleep.

latest drivers installed?

I had problems with my X45 until some driver update solved it

you can try to disable the throttle binding, to see if it is the binding itself or something "lower" (Hardware/Driver)

Have you opened Settings at the Gamecontrolers panel to see how the controler behaves?

Did you calibrate the controls? (don't do it if not required)

Finaly you can try a different USB port or buy an USB hub with power supply

much luck

QuietMan

well, i dont know if this helps but its something i have observed.

my optical mouse ever so often would slowly push the mouse cursor up the screen until it hit the top, only and only when the mouse was idle. if you would give it a pixel's worth of input it would stop. i would see this in games when i was camping (sniping) and would see it in windows when reviewing documentation. the cursor would just start going upward. a friend of mine suggested that i turn the mouse over to see if it would stop. it did, took about a month to prove it to me. the only way i could fix it was getting a new mouse.

but again, i saw this in windows too when i wasnt playing games. have you seen this yet? or better yet, when you come back to your pc after an hour or so (any amount of time really) and the cursor is at the top of the screen? i would move my mouse on the x axis to knock off the screen save to verify...monitor this.

I have heard reports of the view changing in certain situations, tthat ended up being a keysetting conflict of some kind, i.e. had 1 key set for 2 different actions, which only conflicted when doing something specific.

Just my 2 cents........

Well this is a known issue and can be found by googl'ing

for: x52 mouse

Here you got a link to the Saitek forum: click me

And here's an answer from a Saitek supporter to this issue:

Quote[/b] ]UKSupport18th September 2006, 11:41

The mouse cursor drift has been covered many times before on the forum - a simple search would have let you know that I've told many people to return the sticks for an exchange as it's usually a hardware fault.

Other calibration issues are obviously not "to spec" either and are also sometimes a hardware fault. We did have some people reporting a lot of trouble with calibration drift this summer though and we found in a lot of cases that it was actually down to the temperature that the stick was operating in. Especially here in Europe where the vast majority of households do not have air conditioning, once the ambient temperature got close to 30 degrees centigrade, the calibration started to drift.

I'd be intrigued to know what the temperature is in the room where your PC is, but also try the following to see if it helps:

Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

MediaProperties

PrivateProperties

DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

~S~ CD

lol i must have been tired.. i noticed the title having "mouses" ..ah well.

just tried the fix linked above...so far so good. not happeing now. guess ill jump in game realquick and test..brb.