Sign in to follow this  
locherbread

Video Options

Need something cleared up, when I was reading my Arma manual, I came across two Video Options I appear to lack in my game, HDR Quality & Reflection Quality.!!

Does my 7800GT not support these options, has a patch taken these away or do I have a fault?

Oh & yes I have checked in advanced options

xmas_o.gif

These options have not appeared in any version of the game yet. I don't know why they are in the manual but not the game.

Obviously the manual was written at a time when ArmA was beta, at some point it was decided to change the clarification and functionality of the option settings which unfortunately isn't reflected in the manual in some versions smile_o.gif

Obviously the manual was written at a time when ArmA was beta, at some point it was decided to change the clarification and functionality of the option settings which unfortunately isn't reflected in the manual in some versions smile_o.gif

HDR can be set manually in the arma CFG

8 /16/32

refections seem linked to SHADERS now, for both water and glass etc.

Ive found setting the HDR to 16 fully removes sun glare on my system. However theres a bad side effect (with my vid card), it forces fsaa off(which I like setting to max) and bumps my refresh rate to 60(I've been setting it to 30 in cfg).

Guess my vid card limits the hdr...

Ive found setting the HDR to 16 fully removes sun glare on my system. However theres a bad side effect (with my vid card), it forces fsaa off(which I like setting to max) and bumps my refresh rate to 60(I've been setting it to 30 in cfg).

Guess my vid card limits the hdr...

Yes, the 6 and 7 series have this "bug" where hdr and FSAA can't both work.

HL2 got round it, but Oblivion and arma can't although ARMA can at 8 bit?

The 8800's can, but have there own issue of extra fog ;}

Ive found setting the HDR to 16

Yes, the 6 and 7 series have this "bug" where hdr and FSAA can't both work.

HL2 got round it, but Oblivion and arma can't although ARMA can at 8 bit?

The 8800's can, but have there own issue of extra fog ;}

It's not a bug, Nvidia 6 and 7 cannot do AA and HDR at same time. However, HL2 amd Arma 8 bit, does this in software for these cards. ATI 1xxx and Nvidia 8800, can both do AA and HDR in hardware mode for Oblivion and should do for Arma in 16 and 32.

hmm. Kind of makes for a tough decision. On one hand the sky and general lighting looks better with HDR at 16, but FSAA maxxed out makes everything else look better.

hmm. Kind of makes for a tough decision. On one hand the sky and general lighting looks better with HDR at 16, but FSAA maxxed out makes everything else look better.

Yep, nvidia dropped the ball on this one with the 7 series i spent ages trying to get aa and hdr to work in Oblivion to find out it was the GPU LOL