Sign in to follow this  
Rikus

Delay in movements

Thanks for that Jerry biggrin_o.gif it seems to make sense too so hopefully for those who still have the problem and cant do a complete reformat that will help biggrin_o.gif

Hellow, online gaming and also offline, sometimes i have a delay, i mena, i´m running fast and then i dont push anymore the key but the soldier still running for some seconds.

Also when i am with the weapon looking too.

¿?

Greetings

I fixed this when I updated my system. I had the same issue. I bought a new video card and wala.

I play with other monitor, Viewsonic 17" TFT VA703M and the problem continues.

I don´t know what to do more. My new cpu is completely different from older one.

I´m very sad sad_o.gif

Greetings

Solved!!!

I try to format again, but this time, when i just install windows xp professional + sp2, i don´t install all the programs i have as last time;

This time i install windows, all the drivers, and then ArmA, so it must be a program that i have who was fucking me.

Greetings and thanks for all posts!!

Well.. my opinion - all those lags with movements/mouse and who know what else - its 100% responsibility of developers.

I have great pc, i have arma 1.16 and at all, for game, that was released in 2007, its should fly without any damn lags. but isnt work.

All that sh*t about nvidia/ati bad configurations - its just blind.

How's that? COD - work great, fear - awesome, stalker - good, gta4 - good, but arma - lag?? wtf?

Where's the official announcements? the problem can't be solved? may be its game engine bag, may be something else?

To much player in many forums discuss this problem, and nobody come up with decision.

All those trick - will never work, "set all to low, set resolution 640x480, disable anisotropic, shadows, antialiasing, set view dist to low". lol, may be easier to shut down the game at all?

C'mon Bohemia, dont loaf, do something with that problem. Now arma - is waste of pleasure and time.

There's another option - you're retarded.

I ran ArmA on 3 different PC's, very varied, and experienced no problems with "lags". Proper software, adequate game settings and it does work.

Sid, tell me your specs. Graphic card, processor, ram, resolution,average game setups (low/normal/high) and which monitor you have lcd or crt?

of each 3 pc's please.

The first one I barely remember:

AMD Athlon 2600+

1024MB DDR 400MHz

GF FX5700 128MB

WinXP SP1

CRT1024x768

Most of effects LOW. Shadows and anizo on medium I guess. No AA, No Posteffects

viewdistance: ~1200

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+

2048MB DDR2@800MHz

Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 512MB(Earlier GF FX7900GS 256MB)

WinXP 32bit SP2

CRT1024x768/LCD1680x1050

Most of effects Medium. Shadows and anizo on high, as object detail. No AA, No Posteffects, on earlier GF: textures on low, and object detail same

vd: 2200

Intel Core2Quad Q8200 2.33GHz@3GHz

4096MB DDR2@1066MHz

Gainward GTX260 216c 896MB

Win7 64bit RC1 build 7100

LCD1680x1050

terrain: normal; textures: v. high; objects: high; shadows: high; posteffects: low;anizo: v. high; shadow quality: high; antyaliasing: none; blood high as always.

vd: 3000

ps. I would rather search for solution in software you're running, rather than game settings and hw. Mostly crap like soundcard apps, anti-virus, even mouse driver settings give more robust results in overall game experience. Check if you have processor drivers installed (for AMD)

Edited by sidhellfire