Sign in to follow this  
Mike31

Triggering

How do I make a trigger be triggered when 5 soldiers come in it.

make it repeatedly and on condition line put in

count thislist == 5

Will that work with a seizedby trigger too ? so it will only seize once 5 men are in the zone ?

count thislist == 5

I don't think that that will actually work, as the trigger will not re-fire if there are still units within its range.

You will probably need something a bit more complicated, like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Condition: this && format["%1",counting]!="false"

On Act.: if (count thislist>4) then {hint "DONE"}; counting=false

On Dea. counting=true

This constantly resets the trigger, so that it is permanently re-activated. Then, when the total count is finally reached, you can call another trigger, a script, or, like in the example, output a message.

count thislist == 5

I don't think that that will actually work, as the trigger will not re-fire if there are still units within its range.

You will probably need something a bit more complicated, like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Condition: this && format["%1",counting]!="false"

On Act.: if (count thislist>4) then {hint "DONE"}; counting=false

On Dea. counting=true

This constantly resets the trigger, so that it is permanently re-activated. Then, when the total count is finally reached, you can call another trigger, a script, or, like in the example, output a message.

The original poster was not specific enough. Shuko's condition works fine for activating it every time the count changes to five (so yes it will still fire again if say one person leaves then enters it again). One thing it will not do is count units that have entered the trigger but then left before the count hit 5, so you'd have to have all 5 in the trigger at the same time.

If this is used on a multiplayer map, where the zome is seized by Blueforce ( say 4 man limit ), how will the trigger stay fired if they leave that zone and move to the next ?

Also, if OPFOR were to capture it, or re capture it I presume you would use the same conditions and activation, but you need something else to deactivate ether " seized by 2 trigger ?

Probably not making much sence here whistle.gif

thisList for a Seized by trigger includes units on all sides.

Rambo, you could create triggers to do either, it's best to request exactly what you are trying to achieve. Hopefully someone can help you on the right path.

Another good way to learn is to look at how other mission makers made similar effects. Learn from them, but cutting and pasting without permission is poor form!

Im not looking for one way to do a single task, im looking at different ways of achieving the same goal, and probably going to go for the answer that = quickest and easiest to implement as im not the best at scripting or understanding whats in them.

This trigger activated by a number of players caught my eye. Im also playing with a multiple Flag capture idea to capture multiple zones which almost works, but not quite.

What about if I make it ware a specific unit goes in to the trigger; Like Unit b1,b2,b3,b4 and b5. It will not trigger If any body els is in it but the specific units.

If this is used on a multiplayer map, where the zome is seized by Blueforce ( say 4 man limit ), how will the trigger stay fired if they leave that zone and move to the next ?

Also, if OPFOR were to capture it, or re capture it I presume you would use the same conditions and activation, but you need something else to deactivate ether " seized by 2 trigger ?

Probably not making much sence here whistle.gif

First way I would try to do this would be by creating 2 seized by triggers (1 for both sides), same size & pos. Make them toggle a var, which you can check to see who owns the area at the moment.

Ill see if I got time to test that trigger type some in the editor later, maybe its doable with just one trigger.