Sign in to follow this  
MAsta KFC

DoD beta ver 2.0

Has anyone here tried the just released DoD ver 2.0?

What do you guys think of it? Too laggy? Very good?

Personally I think its a great game. Great graphics, the new recoil physics amek is a good blend between realism and arcade fun.

I've tried it but not really long enough to have much of an opinion, first time I tried it I didn't really like it, 2nd time was on a different map and a different server and I enjoyed it much more, so far the maps I've tried feel a bit too closed in but perhaps I haven't tried them all yet smile.gif

I think it is now pretty safely the best mod in the world. Before it felt pretty basic and unprofessional, now it truly does look like a pro job, like cs. And since the game isn't as rife with cheaters and is more fun, i think its the best.

The new maps are wicked. Avalanche is great for those intense street fighting experiances (very stalingrad fortified building type firefights), ramelle for pretty much the same, zafod for long range firefights. Although overlord, like omaha, sucks ass because its mostly impossible if your an allie fighting a team of even mildly experianced axis.

the new aiming makes crack shots possible but nowhere near as frequent, which is good. And the recoil system means that proning and crouching are essential, which again is good.

The machine guns are prettyy sweet, they don't really dominate maps either as they are pretty slow and cumbersome, its fun rushing their positions and spading them, or taking them out long range with a sniper rifle. The carbine is f ing annoying though, but a nice gun if you're allied.

i think it rules, if anything its made me a better player biggrin.gif

After playing OFP for the last 8 months, I wanted some "urban combat" for a change, and after playing DoD since Friday, I want to go back to fighting in open areas and forests again.

The MGs are a nice addon, and I'd like to see maybe a medic class or something (I know, most of the time, one shot kills ya, but none the less).

It's a fun shooter-upper.

-=Die Alive=-

I love the carbine,best weapon in the game.They did a great job with 2.0.

all i can say is WOW biggrin.gif

ive been having a lot of fun with the mg42, keeping the allies on the beach in dog1 biggrin.gif, and keeping the allies heads down while the squad advances in the city battles biggrin.gif

I've been playing it nearly none-stop since my download finished and it's certainly a great improvement over 1.0-1.3b. Though having said I can already feel myself not wanting to play it any more sad.gif

I'm pretty much addicted to it now i'm getting some amazing scores biggrin.gif i now only play as sniper or support infantry, sod these new fangled cosmetic muskets they've given us.