Sign in to follow this  
plasman

New Zealand Troops by Plasman

NEW ZEALAND TROOPS by Plasman

Version 1.1

Required addon:

---------------

Requires Vilas Steyr AUG addon. Included in this zip folder. Thanks again to Vilas for this stupendous addon.

IMPORTANT : if you play under version 1.08 of the game you will have to update Vilas Steyr Pack (See Vilas Addons thread for details) otherwise you will find most of your troops only armed with M9 pistols.

Description:

------------

New Zealand Troops (both regulars and SAS) in Desert DPM uniforms.

Installation:

-------------

Just unzip the NewZealandSAS.pbo and the vil_aug.pbo files into ArmA's Addons folder. Yes the troops' file is called NewZealandSAS even if regular soldiers are also included in the addon. In the beginning I only intended to do a retexturing of the SAS, but eventually decided to do regular troops as well. However I was too lazy to change the files names and paths.

Usage:

------

New Zealand troops can be found in the editor under : BLUFOR / New_Zealand_SAS

Features:

---------

New Zealand SAS Trooper, armed with Steyr_aug_a3

New Zealand SAS Trooper (with pipebombs), armed with Steyr_aug_sd

New Zealand SAS Grenadier, armed with steyr_aug_a3_gl

New Zealand Rifleman, armed with Steyr_Aug_a1

New Zealand AT man, armed with Steyr_Aug_a1 + M136 (M72 LAW)

New Zealand Squad Auto Rifleman, armed with M249 (c9 Minimi)

New Zealand Medic,armed with Steyr_Aug_a1

New Zealand Squad Leader,armed with Steyr_Aug_short

Acknowledgments:

----------------

Thanks to the people on the BIS forum who helped me with their precious advices/suggestions/comments smile_o.gif

Disclaimer:

-----------

This addon is not an official BIS addon and is distributed without any warranty, so use it (in whole or in part) entirely at your own risk.

This addon is a freeware and shall not be distributed/used (in whole or in part) for any commercial purpose.

This addon may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" .pdf document.

Download mirrors:

-----------------

New_Zealand_Troops_V1_1.zip:

http://files.filefront.com//;7406783;;/

Available on the Armaholic mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1074

ArmedAssault.info Mirror : DOWNLOAD New Zealand Troops v1.1 [27,9 MB] from FTP#1

Also available on Stavanger´s Militaria

http://www.nextgenerationgames.de/php/Armed_Assault_Addons.htm

Some screenshots of the new version (1.1.) :

-------------------------------------------

2vraoep2.jpg

a9n4y2e3.jpg

Old version Screenshots:

------------

click here for screenshot1

click here for screenshot2

click here for screenshot3

click here for screenshot4

click here for screenshot5

Excellent work, thanks muchly biggrin_o.gif they look really good.

Do you think anyone will make some missions that utilize them? if not then I will atleast attempt to make a few..

I will atleast attempt to make a few..

Would be nice smile_o.gif

Sweet as bro! Good looking troopers there. Will have some fun with them. Keep it up.

The New zealand Troops have been updated to version 1.1. (see 1st page of the thread for details).

They now use Vilas' Stey AUG addon. Thanks again Vilas smile_o.gif

You can download the file here :

New_Zealand_Troops_V1_1.zip:

http://files.filefront.com//;7406783;;/

Some screenshots :

2vraoep2.jpg

a9n4y2e3.jpg

These troops are excellent! Thanks. Are you planning our normal DPM camo too?

Do you know where I can find good GPMG, AW sniper rifle, and javelin addons to go with them?

I cant wait until all you clever buggers out there get our hands on the modding tools. Then it will be all on.

I would actually pay $$$ for someone to make an RNZAF NH-90 helicopter... hint hint

These troops are excellent! Thanks. Are you planning our normal DPM camo too?

Do you know where I can find good GPMG, AW sniper rifle, and javelin addons to go with them?

I cant wait until all you clever buggers out there get our hands on the modding tools. Then it will be all on.

I would actually pay $$$ for someone to make an RNZAF NH-90 helicopter... hint hint

Thanks. smile_o.gif

No DPM New Zealand troops in the pipeline yet (presently working with Shadow NX on Russian Federation’s troops)

Maybe you can use BIS M240 as a surrogate GPMG.

As for the AW there is Al Simmons’ LLBrig31 Pack #1 which includes an AWS.

This is awesome to have New Zealand Troops. The operation Flashpoint NZDF Troops were not that good. I cant wait for the Regular DPM Troops and I can make my New Zealand Intervention in a Fiji Coup mission. NH90 Helicopters inserting Infantry units from HMNZS Canterbury creating a beachhead for Lavs to come ashore.

I can get the soldiers to work but not the rifles?

Do I need to init the soldiers with a weapon add command?

---

I import both NewZealandSAS.pbo and vil_aug.pbo into C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

I fire up ARMA, go into the Editor, Drop everyone into Ramadi, and no one has any Steyrs, they are running around with pistols or a GPMG

MD5 hashes

6362348b7ee342f29b0fc6b28564849d

*New_Zealand_Troops_V1_1.zip

895efa60973b4e2c2d15b7b71c7677ca

*NewZealandSAS.pbo

14b4d2625323e322446962a6e112c63d

*vil_aug.pbo

I think It's because the Aug rifle file included in the addon is not compatible with the latest (1.08) version of the game. Try to download Vilas Aug Pack update available on Vilas addons thread.

HERE

Thanks for that.

(I've removed the steyr addon to fix missing weapons in the vanilla levels)

But at a deeper level an addon that works in a old ARMA engine version won't work in a newer one?

So the more addon's I get, the more time I going to have to spend tracking down their indivdual pages and d/ling?

Anybody else feel that using a BIS FTP server for a one stop, mass GET of every current Addon (like windowsupdate.microsoft.com only cheaper) would probably pay off in terms of manhours down the route?

some of vila's rifle's dont work properly yet...

But these zealander's look cool..

smile_o.gif

Thanks for that.

(I've removed the steyr addon to fix missing weapons in the vanilla levels)

But at a deeper level an addon that works in a old ARMA engine version won't work in a newer one?

So the more addon's I get, the more time I going to have to spend tracking down their indivdual pages and d/ling?

Anybody else feel that using a BIS FTP server for a one stop, mass GET of every current Addon (like windowsupdate.microsoft.com only cheaper) would probably pay off in terms of manhours down the route?

With version 1.08 of the game BIS changed the weapon configs that's why the old (pre 1.08) weapons addons are not working properly anymore.

To keep track of the addons' version you can check Stavanger's Armed Assault Addonlist in the Addons & Mods discussion section of the forum.