Sign in to follow this  
FilPedro

Shadows Problem?

Besides the Handles problem already reported that in my situation is going to 5.000 Handles a little bit after starting playing huh.gif

I've noticed something, I can play with all settings in High/Very High but if I use the Shadows even in Low the game starts lagging incredably, the fps drops from 60 to 50 with Low Shadows and from 60 to 40 with Normal Shadows huh.gif

Is it just me or the shadows are incredibly demanding in terms of graphics?

Btw: my specs are: E6600, 2GB Team Elite Ram, Saphire X1950XT and I'm using XP.

im using high shadows with a 7600gt and have 30+fps in cities. Turning from high to off gives 30% more fps. wait.. you consider 40fps lag? you bastard biggrin_o.gif

Of course shadows are demanding. Detailed shadows are demanding in every game.

On a high end card, high and very high settings for shadows should give better performance than normal (and maybe low) because it uses hardware accelerated shadows.

On a high end card, high and very high settings for shadows should give better performance than normal (and maybe low) because it uses hardware accelerated shadows.

Yes.

Just tested and highest settings make it faster! but I got a weird fog bug with my 8800GTS then.

I’ve noticed a small glitch, It's only remotely related to the topic, but it's still a shadow issue :

It seems there is a problem with the US team leader shadows. Under bright sun conditions (try with Rahmani at 08:30 hrs) a strange shadow running from the lips to the left foot appears. It is only visible when the team leader faces the sun.

See the herebelow screen shot :

e84584b5.jpg

Yes.

Just tested and highest settings make it faster! but I got a weird fog bug with my 8800GTS then.

yep 8800's prefer shadows off or very high, other settings just annoy it.

Sorry to hijak,

How on earth do you get 30+ with shadows on a 7600GT

im struggling to hit 20 with same card and high shadows

Sorry to hijak,

How on earth do you get 30+ with shadows on a 7600GT

im struggling to hit 20 with same card and high shadows

lower view distance turn off AA? lower screen res? all should help up FPS