Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

Bouncy tanks

ok not too sure how this happened, but i was doing the counter attack mission, and i was advancing on Corazol when i heard a strange noise i looked up and i though i saw something moving. my first thought was that it was a Cobra gunship crashing or a Harrier crashing when i zoomed i found this

problem.jpg

this a known bug of tanks bouncing very high up in the sky, i have several theories like it fell of a bridge banged into a building or was hit by a missile under it.

anyone else seen this?

happans to me when I hit a rock, I frapped a vid of it, will upload to youtube sometime smile_o.gif

of course happens when in mission editor i gave column T72, BMP, when BMP colides with T72 it flies to 50 meters

i know this problem :/

seems like a lot of the physics in ArmA are fucked. Shoot a body on the ground with the Shilka and it bounces around unrealistically... i've seen things bouncing high in the sky aswell for absolutely no reason.... hit an enemy man directly with a tank shell and they go flying in the sky... i'd rather see their body blow up into pieces or just disappear :/

@johnwilso007:

A lot of tickets are open and known by BI already and I guess they understood the importance for the community.

Nevertheless I do not believe that BI can change this dramatically during the lifetime of the ArmA/VBS2 engine.

The same behavior is already known from the OFP/VBS1 engine and it was solved partly.