Sign in to follow this  
john_webb

GUYS HELP PLEASE

hi thanks for all your help on this forum it really has been great nearly nearly finnished the mission of a life time.

ok green smoke and landing heli. How on gods name do you do it becuase i cannot get it to work and i really really really do not have a clue how to do it.

please can some one give me step by step instructions on how to get a soilder to pop green smoke and have a heli land near it after all emenys in the area have been killed. thanks

john

I find this question quite hard to answer, but I'll try to give as much info as possible.

You'll be needing to give your man who pops the smoke a "Flaregreen", the code can be found in a sticky at the top of the page, then you will need a waypoint for the copter, sync'ed with the whatever* that tells your man to throw smoke down at that position, then you'll want your standard transport load or get on waypoints, then order the copter to move wherever you want

*I don't know specifically what you need for this, another more experienced editor will probably tell you

Get your helicopter add a way point aways from the squad you are picking up, with the following in the "activation" box,

sqdldr addmagazine "SmokeShellgreen" ;

sqdldr addmagazine "SmokeShellgreen";

sqdldr addWeapon "throw" ;

sqdldr selectweapon "throw";

sqdldr fire "SmokeShellGreenMuzzle" ;

then add another waypoint nearer the squad with the type set to "LOAD"

Create a waypoint for the squad to be picked up with type GET IN, and finally select Sychronize and draw a between the last two waypoints.

Its all there if you read the scripts for the ARMA training missions, I stole the script from the single player basic flight training mission.

Barmy