Sign in to follow this  
cruzifer

Blue Sceen -> ati3duag.dll

i own the game since the release and i still can´t play it!

my system is fresh and all components are 2 month old:

intel 2 core duo, asus p5w dh deluxe, 2 x mdt 1024 (ddr2 800), ati 1950xtx.

my bios is up to date and i use 7.2 catalyst driver. i have tested different memories...

everything runs soft and smooth in high video options but

after some minutes or seconds ingame i get an bluescreen especially when i right click and zoom:

false_page_in_non_paged_area

0x00000050

ati3duag.dll causes this problem...

i tested everything and i never had any problems with other games or programs.

please, can anyone help me?

i own the game since the release and i still can´t play it!

my system is fresh and all components are 2 month old:

intel 2 core duo, asus p5w dh deluxe, 2 x mdt 1024 (ddr2 800), ati 1950xtx.

my bios is up to date and i use 7.2 catalyst driver. i have tested different memories...

everything runs soft and smooth in high video options but

after some minutes or seconds ingame i get an bluescreen especially when i right click and zoom:

false_page_in_non_paged_area

0x00000050

ati3duag.dll causes this problem...

i tested everything and i never had any problems with other games or programs.

please, can anyone help me?

make sure all BIOS settings are default?

Asus mobo's have that handy AI overcloack thing, may be worth checking everything back to defualt.

If you are using onbaord sound may worth checking the threads about that. That seems to be a huge issue.

Before you do all that do other games like HL2 WOW etc etc all run fine?

if othergames do try the above, in game disable AA and post process and shadows and then see if you can zoom.

i figured out that when i turn down the texturequality to low i can play for some minutes - it seems that the memory fills up and than crashes...but it has to be a software issue!! My rig is all fine!my bios setting is set to default.i´ll try to disable the onboard sound...when this wont help i´ll disable aa shadows etc.

thanks for reply

sad_o.gif even disabling the onboard audio device does not help - neither setting aa and shadow off.

when i do nothing but walking in one direction it doesn crash. But when i move the mouse quickly to the right/left it crashes...

It has something to do with the texture amount and memory access! Zooming also needs quick memory access! due to this, arma reads/writes the textures to a wrong memory address (BS: FALSE_PAGE_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA) and voila crash!

But it might be that the ati drivers are crappy -> "ati3duag.dll"

i hope bis or ati will fix this soon help.gif cant await a propper update!!!!!!!

cheers cruzifer

sad_o.gif even disabling the onboard audio device does not help - neither setting aa and shadow off.

when i do nothing but walking in one direction it doesn crash. But when i move the mouse quickly to the right/left it crashes...

It has something to do with the texture amount and memory access! Zooming also needs quick memory access! due to this, arma reads/writes the textures to a wrong memory address (BS: FALSE_PAGE_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA) and voila crash!

But it might be that the ati drivers are crappy -> "ati3duag.dll"

i hope bis or ati will fix this soon help.gif cant await a propper update!!!!!!!

cheers cruzifer

try an older ATI driver,

Also there are lots of options in the ATI panal like the nvidia one, try different combo's. Something daft one tick box could cause an issue.

I suspect RMB zoom is the hardest thing the GPU gets thrown in ARMA, If I have PP on, thats when I can get lag or I hear the HD trying to scramble load stuff.

1/ set everything to low, In ARMA CFG set max mem 512 and HDr 8, try moving around in arma with the keyboard, don't use the mouse. As using the mouse triggers a crash, worth eliminating that one. Funkly mouse drivers from Logitech have been known to fook a few rigs ;}

2/ Roll back, try older ATI drivers, Also set your windows res and refresh to same as arma (I had that one with a 6800 card)

3/ make sure speed step is maxed, search here there several threads here and in a few games speed step on a duo has caused issues. Also try and stick ARMA core affinity on the other core.

4/ Disable any AV SPYW software, unplug from web and check ARMA.

5/ put a post with that code on your GPU manufacturer site.

With any luck just a driver roll for the GPU back will fix it.

state exactly what GPU you use eg. an XFX 1950 KO XT 512 etc, with anyluck someone else may be using that exact same card and may know either the solution or can confirm it works fine with the current ATI driver.

I have EXACTLY the same problem: blue screen of death with the message PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA, problem caused by ati3duag.dll.

I have an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro Sapphire with 512 mb of onboard memory, and 1024 mb of RAM.

I am also looking out for some help with this. Any suggestions appreciated.

I was using ATI Catalyst 7.2 drivers, but heard that these drivers are pretty buggy and to roll back. I have rolled back to 6.7 drivers but still no luck...

well you can try 7.3 from ASUS but i doubt it will cure it (by my exp just lower frequency of crashes) ...

I wrote down the error code:

BC CODE:10000050 BCP1:EAC4F094 BCP2:00000001 BCP3:BFBC89FC BCP4:00000001 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256_1

i tryed maxmem=512 in arma.cfg and it worked for a while. after some minutes the texture quality got worse and arma had to reload different times the island (textures).Also the known graphic bug occured,which was discussed many times in this forum. Finaly, the system got the blue screen. this all looks for me like the old bad memory handling from version 1.0!

Iam sure that this bug is not a ati thing!!!!

common bis, fix this memory related crap!!! and a other thing came into my mind: i reinstalled the game some days ago,coz i wanted to know if i have the same problems with the 1.0 version...i had...with the only difference, that it crashed to desktop and a message box appered saying somethink like "cannot create system memory".

i don´t know what to do now and i wonder why thre are so many people having the same rig like me but with no problem.

cheers cruzifer

i now only seem to get crashes when flying aircraft, ie Cobras and Harriers, but never when im infantry.

I have this problem too. At first i thought it had something to do with the choppers as I on two occations got BSOD when entering both sides transport choppers, but now it happens seemingly randomly. I can play for 5 to 10 minutes, or even sometimes for over an hour before it crashes on me. Needless to say I never pilot anything that can fall down.

yay.gif

not even a 2 month old winxp intall likes arma...

I reintalled winxp, updated all drivers, defraged all volumes, installed arma + 1.5 patch and prayed to god that it will work and voila: IT DOES!!!!!!!  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

thanks for all your replys to this problem notworthy.gif

cheers cruzifer

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

I've just formatted my entire rig, updated all drivers, patched arma, but still Bluescreen. I have an X1600 Pro 512mb + 1gb RAM. It seems it has problems loading textures. It gets worse and worse the longer i play until the game crashes and I get a bluescreen.

Very boring that someone has failed to fix this.

well most likely this bug is in ATI drivers ...

i get some from time to time on multiple systems

can You please take took into C:\Windows\Minidump\

and upload somewhere .dmp file from date/time of crash ?

typical examples:

Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+f1d3c )

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

PROCESS_NAME: arma.exe

or

Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+1ad5d )

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (ea)

PROCESS_NAME: arma.exe

I found those minidumps, but how do I view them? Tried opening in txt format but only got crypted rubbish :P I do believe this is in the ATI drivers, but if I could confirm it like you have, we've at least found the problem!

I found those minidumps, but how do I view them? Tried opening in txt format but only got crypted rubbish :P I do believe this is in the ATI drivers, but if I could confirm it like you have, we've at least found the problem!

You need debugger (e.g. WinDBG) to see what's inside ...

just upload them somewhere and PM the link and i PM You back what's inside for info ...

Finally, I now had a crash and on the bluescreen I could read that the driver wasn't communicating properly with the hardware and that ATI2dvag.dll had failed to work properly.

At least now I know it's the ATI driver's fault.