Sign in to follow this  
jordan_dj21

How to work triggers and objectives

I'm trying to recreate single mission 9 using the mission editor but i haven't a clue how to work triggers. I've been looking for info on this but without much luck.

Basically, i've set up a waypoint for my Unit to go to defend the town with the other RACS units but i don't know how to trigger the next objective once all the enemy troops have been killed. Anyone help?

When you say "trigger a new objective".

What do you mean?

Do you want to mark that objective as done,

in your briefing,and also be informed of it ingame?

I've been working on a Wiki article that explains exactly what every option and dialogue in the mission editor does. It's still work in progress, but covers triggers.

When you say "trigger a new objective".

What do you mean?

Do you want to mark that objective as done,

in your briefing,and also be informed of it ingame?

what i want to do is basically start the mission as a group leader as in single mission 9 - commander.

The first objective would be to 'join with bravo company and seize the area'. So i set up a waypoint to join bravo company.

Once i get to bravo company i then want the enemy to start attacking. How can this be done?

Then, once all the enemies have been eliminated in the area, how do i make the next objective appear - such as join with 2nd platoon and attack enemy base?

If you mean "making a new objective appear on the briefing", just write this in the on activation line of your trigger :

"2" objstatus "active" (and the second objective line in your briefing will appear). Assuming that you've got an "init.sqs" file in the mission folder, where : "2" objstatus "hidden" is written (to hide the objective at the beginning).

If it's not what you want, be more specific in your question.

"2" objstatus "active" (and the second objective line in your briefing will appear). Assuming that you've got an "init.sqs" file in the mission folder, where : "2" objstatus "hidden" is written (to hide the objective at the beginning).

ProfTournesol! You done it again... I wanna thank you alot for the codesamples. That "ACTIVE" and "HIDDEN" status has been dodging me for for ever!

If you mean "making a new objective appear on the briefing", just write this in the on activation line of your trigger :

If it's not what you want, be more specific in your question.

Yes thanks , thats helpful.

Basically i've never edited before and I just want to recreate the commander single mision. I'll use your info and give it ago tonight. I'm sure it'll work!