Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Revive Respawn Script help!

Hey Guy's,

i'm working on a Revive Respawn Script using Doolittle's way.

But i did not like they way the player's will Revive ( By walking beside the dead Body )

So i started to Modify the Script and it look's pretty good so far.

There is just one problem i can't slove:

After some time the Dead ( Waiting to be Revived ) Soldier disappears in the ground and so no one can Revive him.

This happend's sometimes often sometimes i have to play 10 - 15 min. till it happend.

I really tryed very hard to slove this issue bu it look's like i can not do it. banghead.gif

Maybee someone of you is interested in the Script and will try his luck smile_o.gif

In the folder: "respawn" there is a file called: RESPAWN_check.sqs this file i have Modified.

The other file RESPAWN_check.Original.sqs is the Original file using a Object "Body".

This was the Original way of the Revive Respawn.

Here is the link to my example mission:

Mirrow: Revive Respawn Test

Hehe i noticed something...

Can it be, that ArmA delet's dead Unit's automatically?

Well i was just testing the Revive Respawn again an i noticed that a dead East Soldier who was laying beside my dead West Soldier did also disappears in the ground..? crazy_o.gif

So maybee it's not the fault of the Script that dead unit's are deleted.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll try and have look a little bit later. One thing I've noticed from doing the sqf revive is that if the timing is a little bit off within the script it can make very weird things happen. I now think this may occur when the script is performing a loop when the player dies and the alive/dead loops (due to sleeps/rest) and the respawndelay timer don't exactly sync as they should.

Thank you for checking the Script norrin smile_o.gif

Well okay but the thing i do not understand is, why did the Enemy East soldier disappears into the ground?

I have only 12 West Soldiers in the Revive Script Array and no East Soldiers?

Maybee you find something that's wrong. smile_o.gif

Hi SNK,

I've now spent about 20 minutes trying out your script on a local server and checking out your code and I've got to say I'm pretty impressed as it all seems to run very smoothly. So far even with multiple restarts I haven't been able to replicate the bug you're talking about.

If the bodies are sinking into the ground it sounds like the hideBody cmd is triggering but it is not obvious from the code why this would be happening as I can't find the hideBody cmd anywhere in your script (except where it has been commented out with a semicolon on line 28 of the RESPAWN_check.sqs script). Maybe just remove this line to be on the safe side.

I'll try and have a bit more of a look over the next few days on a dedicated server. One other question and you may have set it up like this for testing but am I meant to be able to see the heli marker that appears over the body?

Hi norrin,

thanks for checking the Script.

Yeah so far everything work's fine only thing is the "Body disappears into the ground after some time"

Well it's not becouse of the hideBody command.

I already tryed without it and then the same thing happends again.

I talked to Michael, the Guy who converted the Script from OFP to ArmA and he told me, that ArmA will delete dead unit's after some time automatically.

So only thing left is to use the _body = "Body createVehicle _pos command... mad_o.gif

That's really stupid becouse i think it's more reallistic if u Revive a dead body instead of this stupid "Body" object.

Well anyway so far i gave up trying to get it work my way... banghead.gif

SNK,

I know what you mean by that sheet covered body as I didn't like it either and I was really impressed by the way you had it running.

My solution to this and its not perfect is that when I delete the players body I transport the alive (respawned) player back to the body's location and then force a lying down unconcious type animation on the player ("AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon").

I then get the reviving units to detect this animation and start the revive (heal) process.  When the unconcious player detects the heal animation it stops the "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon" animation and the camera switches off and control returns to the player.

biggrin_o.gif yes that's a solution too.

Well i see there's a new Version of your SQF Revive Respawn out.

i will check this maybee it can help me with some things.

LoL: Here's version 300,000,00…… rofl.gif

norrin i feel ya. Same to me biggrin_o.gif

Sure! wink_o.gif

You got luck! I still have some missions with it in my ArmA Backup folder.

Have Fun! smile_o.gif

Revive Respawn

Thanks mate,

were looking at implimenting something like this into The City Life for the EMT so just looking into a variaty of scripts to see how they are done.

Norrins would be perfect it only suports 1 side reviving 2 sides.

So figured we could taylor our own