Sign in to follow this  
F2kSel

Exploding sandbags why?

Why does shooting at sandbags result in them exploding, I thought this was supposed to be a realistic sim.

It's bad enough the AI carn't shoot over them and you carn't position them using the height in MP.

maybe our bot guys mistakily filled the sandbegs with gun powers instead of sand?? biggrin_o.gif

j/k anyway,

but it seems to be a config problem or engine limitations?

Not to mention storefronts and some doors! Those things will implode into the ground if you breathe on them.

They remind me of sea anenomies. You throw a grenade down an alley or do something else equally offensive to the buildings, and when it explodes it retracts its entryway in order to protect its soft innards...

It's worse than I thought, you can stand behind virtually any object and the AI won't shoot you.

I just placed a few road cones infront of me and could stand there all day in full view without a shot being fired.

Last night I built a base but no matter how many AI I used I won every time because I'd place alot of things around the base to make it look lived in like sand bags palletes oil drums ect.

Even if an AI just stands on a pallet he won't shoot, it's really killing the realism for me now.

It's worse than I thought, you can stand behind virtually any object and the AI won't shoot you.

I just placed a few road cones infront of me and could stand there all day in full view without a shot being fired.

Last night I built a base but no matter how many AI I used I won every time because I'd place alot of things around the base to make it look lived in like sand bags palletes oil drums ect.

Even if an AI just stands on a pallet he won't shoot, it's really killing the realism for me now.

So stop moping and report the bug so BIS can fix it. They've really been working hard on fixing them lately so take advantage of this oppertunity.