Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

New PC Surround Sound Entertainment Center.

I will be purchasing: <a href="http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo-Home-Theater-System-HT-S790/sem/rpsm/oid/148967/catOid/-12954/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do" target="_blank">Onkyo Home Theater System (HT-S790)

</a> surround sound soon. However I have never installed a home theater system for a computer. My soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy (1, not 2).

Will I need to purchase any specific cords/equipment? Or am I good to go based on the description on the website?

What do I do if I find out the cords/wires are not long enough to reach to a specific side of the room (These will be wall mounted).

Edit: I don't suppose a mod will kill this thread since home theater/sound is related to PC's... sad_o.gif - Knowing me, I'd get a suggestion confused and drag the discussion on, making it impossible for new people into the subject to follow along.

I'd just go to Circuit City and check out the particular system you're looking at in person.

It should come with everything if its a reputable set of speakers. If not you'll only need to buy the odd wire for like £5 from Overclockers ect. No need to worry, I have a friend who has a similar system and he managed to set it up no problem smile_o.gif