Sign in to follow this  
vilas

need help in missions

hello, as you know i made some addons, now i am also making missions to make little campaign dated in 1985

but i need help, cooperation

i cannot find camera effects as it was in OFP under F3 (triggers)

i cannot put soldiers standing as honour guards by the doors of govermant palace guarding with guns on backs (not in hands)

old "this switchmove effectsstand.... "

not work

i need to do mission like D-Day, when soldiers are desanted by boats to the beach, but AI moves back to the sea and start to swim without weapons

they enter beach unarmed

so i need help to make MOD not just a addons

i wanna make my addons move and usefull in missions

i made 50% of missions, but i has no effects(like camera, intros) i have scenario, i can do it in OFP, but not in ARMA :/

Quote[/b] ]but i need help, cooperation

i cannot find camera effects as it was in OFP under F3 (triggers)

i cannot put soldiers standing as honour guards by the doors of govermant palace guarding with guns on backs (not in hands)

old "this switchmove effectsstand.... "

not work

Thats because BIS has removed camera effects in triggers and waypoints (Much to my annoyance) andhave removed the ability to put weapons on your back (unless you switch to another weapon)

yes, thats why i said i need help in missions to my addons and i wait for hardworking and good missionmakers

I think units look better doing sentry duty and having their weapons in hand (Setting them on behaviour safe or careless)

and as for cameras, I'm just learning how to do that now, other advanced scripting however, I'm not even gonna try, however, I can do briefings, descriptions and overviews.

And I'm actually pondering making missions using your addons

Hello there.. I wanted to do the same thing, so I created a little script.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">autoguard.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_a=0;

_this switchMove"BasicDriverOut";

while {_a==0} do {

//check if calling unit sees any member of blueFor

{

ka1=_this knowsAbout _x;

if (not alive _this)then {

//if dead release animation and exit

_this switchMove"";

_a=_a+1;

};

if (ka1>0) then {

titleText[format["%1 sees you",_this],"plain"];

wp = group _this addWaypoint [getPos _this,0]; wp setWaypointType "GUARD"; wp setWaypointCombatMode "RED";wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

//Take weapon from back and release animation

_this switchMove"AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon";

Eh=_this addEventHandler["animDone",{eh1=1}];

waitUntil{eh1==1};

_this switchMove"";

//exit and raise flag

seen=true;

_a=_a+1;

};

}forEach units blueFor;

sleep 1;

};

This is how it works: name your group as bluefor (blueFor=group this; to leaders init field.

Then place lone enemy unit you want to stand in guard. Write x= this execVM "autoguard.sqf"; to init field.

No enemy switch to animation BasicDriverOut which is basically standing still, weapon on back and head moving, until:

1. He's dead.

2. He detects any member of 'blueFor' group. Then it creates 'GUARD' waypoint to he's current location, plays animation where he takes rifle to his hands. After animation is played, he switches to newly created GUARD waypoint in combat mode and starts shooting and hunting your men down smile_o.gif

Also 'seen' variable is set true, which you can use to trigger stuff.

You could place your guards talking, sitting, smoking etc. with the same kind of method. Just have to find correct combination of animations to be played.

i will try this script as soon as i can in home smile_o.gif

guns on back is important,

because in my mission you start as mobilized ex-officer

you are mobilised because USSR invaded Everon and Malden

and US is trying to invade Sahrani

you start as civilian to go to the goverment palace and there are honor guard in elegant uniform (not field uniform) with SKS on back

Ok here are scripts for sitting guard. This is how it looks in-game.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sit.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_a=0;

while {_a==0} do {

//if dead release animation and exit

hint "dead";

_a=_a+1;

}

else {

_this switchMove"AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon_WeaponCheck2";

_a=_a+1;

};

sleep 11;

};

if (seen) then {

_a=_a+1;

};

};

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">autoguard_sit.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_a=0;

z = _this execVM "sit.sqf";

while {_a==0} do {

//check if calling unit sees any member of blueFor

{

ka1=_this knowsAbout _x;

if (ka1>0) then {

titleText[format["%1 sees you",_this],"plain"];

wp = group _this addWaypoint [getPos _this,0]; wp setWaypointType "GUARD"; wp setWaypointCombatMode "RED";wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

// get up and release animation

seen=true;

_this switchMove"AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon";

Eh=_this addEventHandler["animDone",{eh1=1}];

waitUntil{eh1==1};

//exit

_this switchMove"";

_a=_a+1;

};

}forEach units blueFor;

sleep 1;

};