Sign in to follow this  
rellikki

CPP to BIN

Is there a tool to convert ArmA CPP files to BIN? I heard you could do this with Mikero's Eliteness tool, but it crashes for me right after I run it. sad_o.gif

Hi,

I'm unaware of 'too many errors' let alone any errors! Afaik eliteness is heavily used out there.

@vityaz, let me know the details of the crash and I'll atempt to fix it for you. The program was complied and expected to run on Windoze XP.

Hey Mikero, I also can't run Eliteness. I get the following error message:

"Eliteness MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This sounds like a useful tool, wish I could use it. I have got the dll file in the same folder.

Specs:

WinXP home SP2

AMD Athlon X2 3800

1Gig DDR400 RAM (2x512)

Gigabyte K8N-SLI motherboard

If you would rather take this to PM then tell me, but the solution might be useful to others.

@maddmatt

if it crashes before it starts kind of thing. eg, you dont get to click on anything or even see the panels, my best guess is you *might* have a poor version of microsoft's mfc40 and 42 dll's

mine are 4.1.0.6140 and 6.0.9782.0 respectively.

they are located in the windows\system32 folder

@maddmatt

if it crashes before it starts kind of thing. eg, you dont get to click on anything or even see the panels, my best guess is you *might* have a poor version of microsoft's mfc40 and 42 dll's

mine are 4.1.0.6140 and 6.0.9782.0 respectively.

they are located in the windows\system32 folder

My mfc40.dll is the same version as yours, and my msc42.dll is 6.02.4131.0.

Could mfc42.dll be the problem? If it is, how do I get another version?

I assume a standard auto-windows update would fix this for you?

@all you can get the dos console version of eliteness eg a *specific* cpp->bin tool from my site here

the latest version of eliteness (2.08) is here

that may fix the problem

I have the same problem with Eliteness, crash everytime I try to start it.

Versions before 2.08 was running with no problems though. A while back I sent you a mail because of that but you never replied.

My latest windows update was yesterday and nothing is fixed. My dll versions are 4.1.6140 (mfc40.dll) and 6.02.4131 (mfc42.dll).