Sign in to follow this  
152H_AH-64D

Setting troops on patrol

Hi, my first post here smile_o.gif

Recently started playing with the editor and it seems very easy and fun, but I have no experience. I have no idea how to use scripts.

Been trying to find tutorials on how you use the scripts but cant find any.

The first thing I would like to do is setting troops/squad on a patrol, walking a area repeadly. Not just from one point to next, but also returing to the first point and then back again non stop.

Also wondering how I get people getting aboard a transport (helo/stryker or whatever), get them to a place and then unload them.

At last, I have a problem with the planes, for some reason they dont fly to the place where I put the waypoint. I put them at right direction on the runway but they turn around looking at the waypoint and trying to fly but they crash into a tree or something... =(

If its to much work writing how to make any of these please let me know where I can find any tutorial for starting with scripts. Tried to use any scripts on the script page but I never get them to work.

regards

Quick Example

The above file is a quick example i did it answers your first two questions much better than i could in words, it also shows how to have a Helo extract you upon using a radio call.

Extract to your My Documents/ArmA/Missions folder or your My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\username\Missions folder if you have created a new player profile

Hi and  welcome.gif

As you I've got no concept of scripting at all, so I basically do everything from within the editor, except briefings and thedescription.ext.

#1 use the cycle waypoint to repeat a waypoint pattern. Place a small groupe, give them some move waypoints and then add a last cycle waypoint.

#2 there are different ways. You can do it manually or with waypoints:

-You can go into groupes[F2], chose Infantery mezzanized and edit all unit's position to in cargo, then give the teamleader a waypoint somewhere to get out, unload or unload transport.

-You can also place a truck with the load waypoint, then place a groupe of people with the get in or get in nearest waypoint. Then chose syncronize[5?] and draw a blue line between 'load' and 'get in'. Give the truck a move waypoint. to unload the passengers give the truck an unload transport waypoint, the groupe a get out waypoint and tie them together with syncronize.

-You can also name the truck [truck1], add a groupe of soldiers somewhere close and edit in every soldier unit by double clicking on the soldier icon, in the initialization box you the add: this MoveInCargo Truck1. When you preview the mission, units will start inside the thruck, you can then give the truck waypoints and unload the transport somewhere.

#3 Try to add the planes on the taxiway instead of the runway, then add their first waypoint far away from the airfield. The AI pilot will himself taxi to the runway and takeoff.

This is just on the top of my mind, might be some small errors, but this gives you a general idea and a simple way to get things done. There are probably smarter way to do it, but this usually gets the job done.

Have fun!

Thank you very much KJAM and Dallas!

Havent tried everything yet, but the planes flies now =)

Only problem is they never attack. I set waypoint on destroy and/or seek & destroy (open fire and combat mode too) on the enemy unit but they wont do anything.

It just flies over them several times and nothing more.

Its an pretty open and flat area, but maybe they dont see them anyway.

KJAM, I cant download the quick example rar file, the link gives me a page with nothing to download.

regards