Sign in to follow this  
MajHavoc

SLC Winter Games

Greets!

Anyone gonna be ins Salt Lake City for the Winter Olympics?

If you are you need to go to the Barbary Coast Saloon! Great bar!

/0

Maj

Won't be there sad.gif but will be watching....

Heard security is so tight there are more soldiers in and around Salt Lake City than in Afghanistan. wow.gif

I heard on the radio now that the Danish team is having a hard time finding a flag carrier for the opening cerimonies because it's too cold for them to be standing outside for 2-3 hours. It might be a fake story, I'm not sure, but overall, 20-30% of athelets don't go to the opening cerimonies because they must compete in their event the next day and must be rested.

-=Die Alive=-

biggrin.gif haha, with all your terrorism bla bla you just want to pull the attention away from the actuall event. FACT is that the most successful winter-game countries are the German-speaking ones! (oh I hope ran reads this)

The rest of you people know snow only put lines on a little mirror, ánd you think if you sniff on a mountain it will make you get high. SCHNEE heisst das Zeug

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 08 2002,17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not exactly.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey you cant answer a four line long provocation with only two words! Inverted, that would be like being asked to answer with yes or no but actaually writing a dissertation to answer it.

Okay I just have to say that Finland has been more successful in Winter Olympics than most of those German speaking countries you mention.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Feb. 08 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif haha, with all your terrorism bla bla you just want to pull the attention away from the actuall event. FACT is that the most successful winter-game countries are the German-speaking ones! (oh I hope ran reads this)

The rest of you people know snow only put lines on a little mirror, ánd you think if you sniff on a mountain it will make you get high. SCHNEE heisst das Zeug<span id='postcolor'>

On the news its the War on Terrorism then the Olympics...(or vice versa...depends on the station).

The mountains around Utah are pretty nice and cold...and snowy....though I prefer the other snow as you say wink.gif

Went to the Zugspitz once...got altitude sickness...passed out sad.gif but it was cool (the mountain not passing out)