Sign in to follow this  
astradeus

nageurs de combats !!

Hi Alygator,

my question was ...a english version of the French Special Forces side

Judging by their name "Nageurs de Combat", my guess would be French wink_o.gif

Anyway, does it matter where they're from? They don't have any markings on them so they can be used to represent whatever unit you wish to.

I can see its French yes, but other than you might think not everyone can speak or understand a single word of French.

Now I know I could go out there, use a translater and hope its translated correctly and if not make a fool of myself naming them wrong.

But I figured since this is an English forum someone would tell me what this means.............

But I will sort it out myself, seems asking for something is to much.

Doesnt matter where they are from nope indeed for many I guess, but I prefer to make a mission where I set all details with units and other stuff at least a tiny bit as much as I can correctly.

Anyway, the units look really good to me. I hope I can use them sometime , great work astradeus thumbs-up.gif

[EDIT]

For anyone who also would like to know a bit more:

Quote[/b] ]Armaholic.com:

The "nageurs de combats" units are part of the "Commando Hubert", the only Commando marine having combat swimmers. Read a French article about it here.

Thanks to mike in the Ghostaholic.com forums for the explanation.

They are the French counterparts to the US Navy SEALs, British SBS or Italian COMSUBIN.

For mission creation purpose they can, aside from the French FAMAS (not yet available), be armed with MP5, M4, M249 (Minimi), G-3 (see Vilas’ beautiful addon) or Sig SG-551 (I hope this one will be released soon) among others.

Judging by their name "Nageurs de Combat", my guess would be French  wink_o.gif

Anyway, does it matter where they're from? They don't have any markings on them so they can be used to represent whatever unit you wish to.

I can see its French yes, but other than you might think not everyone can speak or understand a single word of French.

Now I know I could go out there, use a translater and hope its translated correctly and if not make a fool of myself naming them wrong.

But I figured since this is an English forum someone would tell me what this means.............

But I will sort it out myself, seems asking for something is to much.

Doesnt matter where they are from nope indeed for many I guess, but I prefer to make a mission where I set all details with units and other stuff at least a tiny bit as much as I can correctly.

Anyway, the units look really good to me. I hope I can use them sometime , great work astradeus  thumbs-up.gif

[EDIT]

For anyone who also would like to know a bit more:

Quote[/b] ]Armaholic.com:

The "nageurs de combats" units are part of the "Commando Hubert", the only Commando marine having combat swimmers. Read a French article about it here.

Thanks to mike in the Ghostaholic.com forums for the explanation.

But almost everyone knows google and it took me about

30 seconds to find out what they are about. wink_o.gif

But you're right - the author could hav mentioned it but

he might have been so fancy with his first addon for ArmA

to have forgotten on that one. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

@astradeus: can you contact me plz?! I have an addonrequest for you!

Or anybody: do you know where or how to find astradeus ? confused_o.gif

Thx!