Sign in to follow this  
d3dsh33p

server admin duscussion

ok dunno if this is being discussed but...

1st bug (or mabey feature) I got is if my game crashes and I decide to log in while I'm in the lobby when i restart it will restart the mission automaticly...

any others know about this already?

any other things you think need changed or bugged besides a remote server admin?

btw anyone working on a remote admin client?

Yeah,

A remote server manager that allows server restarts (not map restart) is definitely needed.

I would love a Wolfrat type deal for ArmA man that would be sweeeeet, At the moment its a bit of a chore to oust the smacktards

yes looking up id's and trying to either remember or write it down to ban is not acceptable

if we could #exec ban <playernumber> it would be much easier at least. banghead.gifyay.gif

or like the kick option, stick a ban option there too

if we could #exec ban <playernumber> it would be much easier at least. banghead.gif  yay.gif

I am sorry but thats exactly how it works now right?

All you have to do is look for player number (press "p") and than the admin can just <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#exec ban xx

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"># exec kick xx

Where in both cases the "xx's" is the player number.

You dont need any id's for this.

[edit]

I must be missing something here.............

wow i must be a moron then...

ill try that next time it comes along whistle.gifyay.gifbanghead.gif

ok dunno if this is being discussed but...

1st bug (or mabey feature) I got is if my game crashes and I decide to log in while I'm in the lobby when i restart it will restart the mission automaticly...

any others  know about this already?

any other things you think need changed or bugged besides a remote server admin?

Wolfrat would be a nice idea but sadly Bohemia have not supported RAT within the game module, so, that means no wolfrat!!!! allthough this would have been an excellent piece of kit for on desktop server admin work, without having to enter a game.

Sorry for Hi-jacking this topic, just replying to the rest.

Er d3dsh33p I sometimes have a similarity on your problem but only when I am logged in as admin, dunno why it happens but I do have to reboot 97% of the time when it does happen.

ok i got another question...

can someone please point me to a working tutorial on how to make my server not have grass, no crosshairs etc...

I've found one but I'm simply not doing something right

is the parameter -profiles=users/d3.armaconfig.cfg or do I even need to have it go into the /users/ folder that I made?

do I just import my config directly or can I only have certain config options like, terraingrid=50;in it

Would it be possible to add the option of transferring admin to another player? I'm sure we've all had the experience of having to leave while being admin when the servers rather full and no one else can login. Not many people know how to vote in an admin so everyone ends up disconnecting when a 6 player map is chosen with 50 people on the server.

ok i got another question...

can someone please point me to a working tutorial on how to make my server not have grass, no crosshairs etc...

I've found one but I'm simply not doing something right

is the parameter -profiles=users/d3.armaconfig.cfg or do I even need to have it go into the /users/ folder that I made?

do I just import my config directly or can I only have certain config options like, terraingrid=50;in it

if you do a search of this section i did a big post on this.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....ie+dave

C:\Documents and Settings\Aussie Dave\My Documents\ArmAServer1\ArmA.cfg

ArmA.cfg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=7979.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

C:\Documents and Settings\Aussie Dave\My Documents\ArmAServer1\Users\ArmA_Server1_Profile\ArmA_Server1_Profile.ArmAProfile

ArmA_Server1_Profile.ArmAProfile

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=1;

blood=1;

viewDistance=1200;

terrainGrid=10.000000;

volumeCD=7;

volumeFX=7;

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

sceneComplexity=300000.000000;

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=2;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=0;

class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.600000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.600000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=0;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.850000;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.850000;

};

};

you can login as admin from the servers lobby if there are not enough slots on the map.

Read my post again.

I have started to design a new one for us. here are some of the features of it that i am working on. Most of what is listed works in one form or another.

1. Windows Service (has no window or client).

2. Uses a XML config file to set logins and passwords

I might add security levels in the future.

3. Monitors an unlimited amount of dedicated servers.

Have to change the exe name for this to work.

4. Allows remote starts and stops. Also will restart the server with the correct command line configs should it crash. Also will kill the process in the event is fails to respond for 60 seconds (Sometimes loading a mission will cause it to act dead).

5. Supports a new style banning system.

Bans work on three items. Player ID, IP Address, and Mac address. When the user is banned the softare will block the IP packets at the OS level. You can define in the config addresses that should never be banned (To ensure your ability to contact the program).

6. Ability to modify the admin password without restarting the server. (Jerry H asked if we could do this)

7. Ablility to change the current game password without restarting. (Jerry H asked if we could do this)

8. Simple TCP socket interface (Jerry Hoppers idea)

This way the client can come in any shape or form. Website, application, custom app. Your choice.

9. Keeps a cpu history for the last 30 minutes, then for each minute up to a day.

10. Keeps a log of memory usage, connections to the servers, input / output Max's per min of each day

11. Chat log history (1000 lines per each type. Global and side chats)

12. Complete server log history. Everything from the console window is logged to a file and dated.

13. Connection logs. Players on and off times with their names and CDID.

damn, that sounds promising. I can't wait to see it in action. notworthy.gif

@aussie dave

thx the problem was the wording on how to direct the server to the user file, we finally figured it out and are now running no grass, no 3rd person, no crosshair, no name tags and worse enemy precision so they shoot more.

if You want ban at server by MAC then forget about that feature just now ...

you can set MAC to anythin You want within any new OS

scenario, cheater or TKer run server , gather MAC of 200 players then start use them to cause havoc on any server

result You ban only 200 normal players while real cheater/tker always return ...

if You think it's not possible this already happened on Unreal Engine based games ...

stay just with ID/IP ... but you know in world full of dynamic IPs sad_o.gif

changing your mac address permanently using a simple program is very easy to do

who needs program today lol smile_o.gif

you can do that with any solid NIC (including onboards) just via drivers option ...

Yeah, i am just looking for anything to ban off of. Laugh. The option is there if anyone wants to use it. It also supports masks. So 75.1.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 would ban the entire /24. Kinda running out of options if people become a huge pia in the game.

You know, i could always use a background tracert and hunt for routers and ban them. Laugh, might take a second to see their path but we would catch them.

Oh yeah. Buh bye aol.

Just an update to everyone. The project is not dead and is moving along quite well. The system has a basic telnet interface to it and will support a GUI as well.

Here are some of the things that are working or somewhat working

1. Setup the service from remote. Add another server (Dedicated) via the telnet session with the arguments. Remove the server also.

2. Start, Stop, or Restart a server from remote.

3. Change the Connection password without a restart

4. Change the admin password without restarting.

5. Update the config file without restarting.

You can remove or add missions to the list this way. Some things will not be updated while the server is running however.

6. Chat log history. 500 lines max at the moment (config will change this)

East, West, Civil, and Resistance sides. Global Channel is also logged.

7. Console logs can also be viewed remotely.

Better than nothing i guess. smile_o.gif

good.

This is something BIS should have included for servers instead of relying on you to do it though.

good.

This is something BIS should have included for servers instead of relying on you to do it though.

Yeah, it would be nice. I hope at some point they do, until then ill just keep chugging along with stupid tools to try and resolve some of the needs.

Are you hooking right into the exe for the chatlog or are you intercepting the UDP packets in front of the server?