Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

Accuracy problems?

I've bought the game last week, I've installed the last patch and than I've downloaded a no/cd crack cause it's really annoying to have the game reading from the cd each time it starts, speacially if you are making addons like I am.

Now my problem is, all my weapons except the M16 are extremely innacurate. I read somewhere that the game as a protection against not legitmit copys which isn't my case, nevertheless using a no/cd crack may be causing problems.

So my question is and thanks in advance, is it really confirmed that the no legitmit protection causes bad aimming?

Can't I just replace the cracked for the original exe file? Do I Have to reinstall the entire game? Thank you for the fast help  wink_o.gif

accuracy degrading to the point of not being able to aim at all is once of the features of the copy protection if i recall.

considering you're admitting you're circumventing part of the protection on the game, then do you find it unusual that problems have arisen? I make addons, been doing so for 2 years now... yet I've never once found the need to crack OFP or ArmA for the sake of a CD not running.

as for just replacing the exe... I would imagine it's safer to uninstall, clear registry files and install again. I'm not sure how deep the copy protection runs within your system, so simply replacing the exe would not resolve the issue you caused.

Messiah I've been doing addons for 5 years and like you I was part of Ofpec as the addon's Depot Manager and as a Moderator and I've been part of BAS too so trust me, the faster the game starts the better for me.

Nevertheless now that I know the problem and thank you for your help my question is, I have to tottaly reinstall the game or if I just replace the cracked exe for the original one will do?

Thanks again for your kind help.

oops you've edited your post Messiah, thank you for your kind help I will reinstall the game.

Nevertheless now that I know the problem and thank you for your help my question is, I have to tottaly reinstall the game or if I just replace the cracked exe for the original one will do?

Just copy the original *.exe file back in and you should be good, it's the only file you replaced, right? So why would you have to reinstall the game? Absolutely unecessary, imo.

I think Messiah is correct I don't know what the copy protection as done to my game so even if I just replace the exe and it works some other things may be messed so I prefer to be safe than sorry, thank you very much for your help.

Is it just me, or is discussing the side-effects of a crack and how to revert it from cracked to uncracked something wrong to do on the forum of the producers of the game ? crazy_o.gif

well, yes and no

it says not discussion of circumventing copy protection, this is more discussion of fixing side effects of said activity. Considering he's got a legit copy then I see no problem.

granted its riding fairly close to the line of breaking the rules, but I dont see anyone here discussion how to circumvent the copy protection, just asking if that activity had caused his problems.

as for just replacing the exe, it's worth trying that first instead of doing the whole reinstall, but it's more than likely to have effected extra files and registry values than just the exe.

I will reinstall the game to be sure, thanks to both of you wink_o.gif

Jolly good

No more discussion regarding "game cracks" please

Closed