Sign in to follow this  
RjC_77

"Commander" mission buggy?

In this mission i load my men up in the truck and drive to the area im supposed to defend.

I have my guys and me get out and help kill the guys coming over the ridge.

After a few minutes the enemy stops coming and i wait....

and i wait some more....

maybe speed up the time......waiting some more.....

Nothing happens!!

I tried driving around the countryside in the area to check if i have missed some enemies, but i killed all of them and the first waypoint wont switch to the next.

Anybody else noticed this? Have you found a workaround?

Yes, I had the same experience with version 1.04. My workaround was to switch to the incredibly unstable 1.05 and kill a couple of enemies more. And hey presto! Mission completed!

I had to do the same thing with the Alligator mission. Play most of the mission in the reasonably stable 1.04, and switch to 1.05 when you are close to completing all the mission goals. For some reason, 1.04 is stuggling to detect when a mission is completed... icon_rolleyes.gif

Your next assignment seems to trigger when you kill a T72 that comes from the NW. Instead of going directly to the defense area go along the road to the fuel station (watching out for a machine-gunner behind the station). Unload and take your squad along the edge of the orchard(?) and wait for the tank. If you are lucky the crew will bale out leaving you with a repairable tank for the next assignment.

I also had the problem of the tank not arriving when I lowered the enemy 'skill' setting in the init. file.

yes, i know the place you mean (i always simply run over the machinegunner with the truck on the way to the defend area.)

Never saw a t72 in that mission. Ill give that a try, tnx!

I get an error near the end of the mission.

It happens after I blow up the last BMP, I guess that it should trigger the completion of the mission.

I'll post later the exact error message I receive.

[i have ArmA 1.05 English Sprocket version]

I get the same problem as you, an error message when I believe the end-mission should be triggered, but I'm never quick enough to screen-capture it. Most annoying.

In this mission i load my men up in the truck and drive to the area im supposed to defend.

I have my guys and me get out and help kill the guys coming over the ridge.

After a few minutes the enemy stops coming and i wait....

and i wait some more....

maybe speed up the time......waiting some more.....

Nothing happens!!

I tried driving around the countryside in the area to check if i have missed some enemies, but i killed all of them and the first waypoint wont switch to the next.

Anybody else noticed this? Have you found a workaround?

I'm having exactly the same problem as you. No idea what to do next. I tried moving on to the next objective but noticed the APC support were not entirely supporting me in my quest, so i took on a whole army of troops and tanks with a squad of 7 men.......and lost.

Not sure why the waypoint doesn't move, even though i defended the city - although what city is it were defending! Doesn't say in the brief. Perhaps its London.

Can anyone tell me how to finish this mission as i always get an error message pop up instead of objective complete. I've tried searching everywhere for more enemies but there aren't any. I think this mission is bugged.

Someone help! Has anyone managed to complete it??

If you don't complete the first objective (see my earlier post about the T72 coming from the NW) you can't finish the mission as you never link up with the other squad for the final objective.

I don't think the error message is the problem as I have had this every time but still completed. There should be two BMPs at the final objective, but one is sometimes away patrolling.

If you don't complete the first objective (see my earlier post about the T72 coming from the NW) you can't finish the mission as you never link up with the other squad for the final objective.

I don't think the error message is the problem as I have had this every time but still completed. There should be two BMPs at the final objective, but one is sometimes away patrolling.

i've completed the first objective loads of times by destrying the T72 but everytime i complete the second objective an error meassage comes up in the top left of the screen. I have blown up both BMP's including the one patrolling near the hotel yet nothing happens. And all troops have been killed in the area of the map shaded red! What do i do?

All I can suggest now is that there is someone still alive. I also get an error message, but it seems to be when I kill a particular enemy and does not stop me from finishing the mission.

Sorry if that's not helpful.

Okay, i spent all night on this mission last night and I still can't finish it.

Where did you find the last lot of troops?? I have scaled pretty much ALL the desert. I've even gone as far north as Somato. I than found one rifleman near to the first objective (near Dolores) and killed him but surely you shouldn't have to go back to the start of the mission to kill emenmies there to complete the second objective??

All I can say is that it seems as if the error message is preventing me from completing the game. I'm 99% sure there is no one left to kill in the red shaded area of the map

Yes, I had the same experience with version 1.04. My workaround was to switch to the incredibly unstable 1.05 and kill a couple of enemies more. And hey presto! Mission completed!

I had to do the same thing with the Alligator mission. Play most of the mission in the reasonably stable 1.04, and switch to 1.05 when you are close to completing all the mission goals. For some reason, 1.04 is stuggling to detect when a mission is completed...  icon_rolleyes.gif

problem with Alligator mission is, do not engage targets untill u resive prommision from HQ, if u attack b4 , mission would not end.

Ok when u link up with squad, there in patrol area is BMP, BRDM, T72 and some infantry, then proside to last objective.

ther would be lots of infantry, Shilka and BMP. that should make the day, at least its work for me. completed from first go.