Sign in to follow this  
Deth Stryker

Non player AI won't respawn in MP

You can't get them to use the game's respawn system, but you can fake it. Either create a new unit or (since it's AI), probably setting their damage to 0 would work maybe, but that might also make them behave strangly.

You can't get them to use the game's respawn system, but you can fake it. Either create a new unit or (since it's AI), probably setting their damage to 0 would work maybe, but that might also make them behave strangly.

As you wrote, i wouldn't advise to resetting their damage value to zero after they have been killed.

I can't say its the same in ArmA, but in OFP this caused trouble in MP like other players seeing the AI lying it their "dead pose" but sliding around and even shooting - but without any moving animations, etc. If i remember correctly, it depended on where the unit was local and where it wasn't.

I think the safest way is to create a new unit.

Thanks for the info, the link gave me some server errors - I'll try it again later.

Sorry 'bout that Deth looks like OPFEC is down for the time being.  There's also a thread on the BI forums about my AI respawn scripts that you can find here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....7;st=15

The latest version of the mission with the scripts is ver 12_jip.

I've also just posted a simple mission with respawning AI choppers which you can read about in the same thread.

Thanks, this sums up what I need - I only need to figure out how to utilize it.

Can I use these scripts in a mission? Credit will be given for anything I use.

Yeah please do. I'm really interested in how people use them. I'm sorry there's not a lot of documentation with these scripts (maybe I should work on that) so just shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

PM sent smile_o.gif

I can tell it will take time to learn the ins and outs of scripting, only wish I had more time to spare!