Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP] Perpetua - RELASE!!!

Gotta check this out today when im at home... sounds very promising.

Can you give us any details on the next campaign?

How about a SLA campaign or even a campaign about russian forces that could aid the SLA... if thats a possible idea i may have just what you need ( if you consider using addons ).

Or how about a resistance like mini campaign with russians vs res ( could use relikkis resistance units and my russian stuff ).

pistols.gif Hi..

THX Bardosy for the nice CAMPAIGN...

Really good 1..loved the ambush with arty on the

enemy tanks. BOOM BOOM nice feeling..

I hope u get even more exsitement to U next campaign..

smile_o.gif

Over and Out

Flyfinn

Only played first 2 missions so far and I really like it, having cillivans about really gives that feeling of a living community, something allot of mission makers miss out on.

Really good campaign! I havent finished it, but it is very entertaining, and quite difficult too.

Hat off to you, bardosy!

PS: The grammar makes some of the dialouge funny where it shouldnt be, but thats a minor flaw.

@Shadow NX: Yes, our next campaign will be an SLA campaign.

@stabiz: Are you played with v1.1? I made a lot of foxes in grammar in 1.1 and now I'm working on VoiceOver and more grammar fixies.

@Rofflecopter, Flyfinn: Thanks! I'm happy to you enjoy my campaign...

I cant wait. I hope the SLA campaign was as good as this one.

Bardosy - Just wanted to say thanks for a great campaign! I really like that the missions are challenging but never impossible, you've gotta be smart and mobile to defeat the enemy. Infact I'm enjoying this campaign more than the original Arma campaign.

Thanks for allt the effort put into this!

Btw. First post here, Hi everyone

welcome.gif mattemann1!!!

And thank you for playing with Perpetua!

I made an untested coop version of the campaign here:

http://www.rogepost.com/n/5027606958

I just enabled room for 1-4 players with respawn, but it may not work perfect. The player number 1 must complete the objectives and the others help him i guess.

I hope the author likes it, if it's not the case i'll delete the file.

@stabiz: Are you played with v1.1? I made a lot of foxes in grammar in 1.1 and now I'm working on VoiceOver and more grammar fixies.

Haven't had the time to play the campaign yet but after reading the response, I'm sure I will. Poor grammar can and will turn some people off and can serve as a distraction, it depends...

Hats off, people really seem to enjoy your work which should be enough proof of your skills.

Proposal: I don't speak english as my first language either but have been reading & speaking it the past 17 years, use it daily at work (since -02) and I've also had the (unfortunate) experience of doing some technical manual translations here and there. My grammar or written language is nowhere near an academic student of it since I mostly converse... but IF you need help fixing the grammar I'd be happy to help. Email or PM me if interested or something. I can go through a lot of text quite quickly.

i would also like to comment on this fine piece of work  smile_o.gif :

i've played a few missions and now i'm about to ambush those enemy tanks. i must say that i really enjoy this so far. the missions are well designed with clever and effective enemy placement (like those 2 BRDM that appear in Pita in the second mission). the conversations are pretty cool, too. i liked the joke about the "Ghost Leader" thing...  rofl.gif

there are some minor flaws such as the already mentioned spelling and grammar mistakes and the RACS troops walking right through an M-113 APC in one of the earlier cinematics.

those are minor things, really. and considering that english is probably not your native language, it's still pretty well done.

in order to give the campaign a more polished feel, i'd suggest hooking up with someone who can correct and/or improve the grammar of the dialogue. adding actual voices instead of text only would also be a huge improvement, but that may be going too far for a fan project.

concerning the dialogue correction, i'd offer my assistance. although english is not my native language, either, i am a student of the english language. if you think i could help, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

again, let me congratulate you on a campaign well done. i'm looking forward to continuing playing and i hope to see more stuff from you in the future.

Just wanted to pipe in to say I'm enjoying the campaign so far and thank you for your hard work. I have to admit that the dialogue could be better - quite apart from the spelling and grammar - but it does give a sense of story and purpose.

Great job all around!

Thank you guys for your comments! I'm really proud if you enjoy this campaign.

The Perpetua project are now in voiceover phase:

The dialogues was corrected by native english speakers (the spanish lines by spanish native speaker smile_o.gif ) and now we work on voiceover. It's a huge project (harder then the whole mission designing), because I have to coordinate and manage other people. But I agreed it (voiceover) is very important and can multiple twice the fun factor.

And I see the light at the and of the tunnel... So I hope you could play with the v1.2 soon.

I think this campaign is great. The best one so far.

Ah crap got stuck at the end of the mission where you have to go back to Ixel to defend it against the commie counterattack. I got the mission complete announcement but nothing happens. Guess I'll have to redo it.

Gotta say this is one tough campaign on veteran.

Very nice campaign, mate!

I just finished Ghosts after dozens of reloads (so not to have any friendly losses biggrin_o.gif ), too bad the friendly AI sucks so bad.

I had another idea how you could enhance the athmosphere yet a bit. Right now, the (very nice) briefings describe a lot about the ongoing war. It would be nice if you'd marked the current frontline, captured cities etc., that are mentioned in the briefing, on the map. Then one could see on the map how the enemy advanced more and more to the airport and into friendly territory from mission to mission, which would add a lot of athmosphere and tension.

Go on like that, I'm waiting for more from you! thumbs-up.gif

Started playing today, having a blast. Like this more than what BIS offered this far.

Hello guys!

I'm really-really impressed!!! Perpetua is my 5th campaign in OFP/ArmA engine and I never get so many and nice feedback before. Thank you very much!  notworthy.gif

Do you have links to your other campaigns? I'm at my parents' house now, and only have access to my laptop without ArmA. But based on the feedback in this thread, I would love to try any Operation Flashpoint campaigns you have.

Thanks in advance smile_o.gif

@Hardrock: I thought about marking the main front (in mission #7 there is this), but generally I deny this idea, because the confusion of noicy map. But I'm planing to insert a cutscene mission into the middle of the campaign, with a mapanimation to explain the whole conflict.

@CharveL: At the end - when 2nd arty strike ended - you must return to the HQ house.

@Skulleye:

An advertise... smile_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49414

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=54203

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=53495

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48035

Going on the 7th mission, Ghosts and Capriccio had me pulling some of meager hair off. In more than a few missions you really have to think on your feet, slapping orders like a minigun while doing two or three other things at the same time (and personally fighting the OPFOR on top of that) but it's a ton of fun. Dead End, IMHO, was a stroke of GENIUS. Best. Campaign. Mission. Ever.

I played Cappricio and Dead End using the new beta patch btw, everything worked fine as far as I can tell. I swear the smarter path finding AI even helped (and the change in eye adaptation, albeit an improvement all in all, made some parts of Cappricio pure hell).

*********SPOILAH**********

Some of the stuff is really hard though. I'd give an additional minute to prepare for the convoy in Ghosts for one, took me a dozen reloads (at least, might've been two dozen; lost track of time) to survive the armor without any friendly casualties. I always enjoy a well prepared ambush and didn't feel like I had enough time to set one up, even after practicing the routine over several times. Guess that's just personal preference and a minor detail in the whole scope, the campaign overall is great.

*********/SPOILAH**********

Hehe, just finished that mission. The first time I managed to get the convoy destroyed without too much fuss but got confused where exactly the helo pickup was going to be so I'm driving around out in the field and figured it must be just at the bottom of the valley.

I couldn't resist driving that Ural off the cliff and kind of looked forward to the long drop but to my surprise I was able to drive down a practically vertical cliff and carry on my merry way at the bottom. rofl.gif

Maybe they should fix that.

@Hardrock: I thought about marking the main front (in mission #7 there is this), but generally I deny this idea, because the confusion of noicy map. But I'm planing to insert a cutscene mission into the middle of the campaign, with a mapanimation to explain the whole conflict.

I don't think that will happen. As it is now, the maps rather seem quite blank and empty. I think just marking the rough frontline and one or two cities according to the situation report would do. smile_o.gif

Just want to say thanks - I am really enjoying these missions. I just completed the battle across the mountain tops to destroy the artillery, which was great fun.

I haven't bothered with the ArmA campaign - this is much better.

@tecumseh

This is my favorite mission too... biggrin_o.gif

The environment is beutyful and I have backup teams and arty support... It's a huge fun for me too, and not too hard.

Yeah at one point I was watching helplessly through binoculars as one of my support platoons about 500m away was ambushed then hit with arty. We rushed over to help, but it was too late. Needless to say, revenge was extracted.

It reminded me of The Thin Red Line - crawling up a hillside with tall blowing grass, trying to sight a dug-in enemy. Even bugs to look at...