Sign in to follow this  
helgi

Educate a newbie please

Alright, since I'm waiting for my copy to arrive from amazon, I thought I'd get a head start on the whole "noob phase" of a new game.

Used to play opf coop regularly on a lan with some friends a few years back, loads of fun and I hope arma coops are also. But besides that I have no mp experience.

Anyway:

-Any online etiquette to consider?

-Good servers to start at?

-Got some good advice or any info that's a must know?

I'm mainly looking at this from a coop perspective. So basically throw anything at me that you whished that noob who messed everything up would've known. Just think of it as newbie orientation before hitting the servers.

Thanks smile_o.gif

You won't find too much good coop on public servers.

You're best off finding a squad to join and playing with them privately. In the meantime though, look for servers with smaller numbers of people on. The servers that run missions for 30 or so players won't be too "serious". People will be all over the place doing their own thing.

A server with 6-8 people on with a logged in admin running things usually brings some better quality squad level play smile_o.gif

Ok I have quite a list as we have a few Newbies on our server so we try to help them along smile_o.gif

- Learn to fly in Singleplayer

- Avoid Flamebating, IE - don't start having an argument online with someone about nothing, its just simply a waste of time.

- Learn to play the game to a resonable skill level in Singleplayer, perhaps complete the Campaign, that way you will be able to shoot and kill targets over 300M

- Have fun!

Also, you should take a look at 22 Regiment Homepage if your after a good style of Coop play with the chance to regularly train with a bunch of great guys smile_o.gif

Thanks for the input everyone smile_o.gif

Infam0us: I'll be sure to check that site out.

Cheers

Thanks for the input everyone smile_o.gif

Infam0us: I'll be sure to check that site out.

Cheers

No problem, hope to see you soon thumbs-up.gif