Sign in to follow this  
daniel barnett

jets

The real best airplane is the Su-39, a updated Su-25 Grach (Rock in Russian)

su39.jpg

"The Su-39 (also known as the Su-25T or Su-25TM) is a Frogfoot variant incorporating post-Afghanistan lessons-learned. It is based on the Su-25UB two-seat trainder, with the rear seat and cockpit replaced with a fuel cell and extra avionics. The Su-39 carries the Kopyo-25 multi mode radar in a pod under the fuselage. Armament includes ground attack missiles such as the AT-16 Vikhr , anti-ship missiles, and AAMs such as the R-27, R-27ER, R-60, R-73 and R-77. A four-fold reduction in thermal signature has been achieved through cooling intakes on the upper surface of aircraft, and a new center body which masks hot turbine blades."

www.fas.org

Some Histories about the Su-25

-One particular Su-25 (actually preproduction T-8-15 or Blue 15) flown by Colonel Alexander V. Rutskoj was damaged by AAA and two (!) AIM-9L Sidewinders launched by Pakistani F-16s. Both times the aircraft brought pilot back to base. It was "refurbished" in Tbilisi and after receiving new paint job and bort number Blue 301 it was displayed in Paris in 1989. It was further modified for the weapon trials which included S-240 and S-25 330 mm unguided rockets. This aircraft currently on display at Khodynka Museum.

-Major Rubalov's Su-25 was hit in the engine which surged and flooded an engine bay with fuel, the cockpit was shattered, buster controls are gone and major's face covered with blood. None of the dials in the cockpit worked and his wingman guided him to the final approach. After belly landing, major rushed away from the Su-25 fearing that plane going to explode. After figuring that this is not going to happen, he got back to the aircraft and cut the engine.

-Another Su-25 was on fire which burned out most of the wiring and 95% of horizontal tail controls. In few moments before the landing, fire short cut the gear release wires and Su-25 made "conventional" landing.

-Lieutenant Golubtsov's Su-25 lost half of its rudder along with breaks. After landing his a/c ended up off runaway and rolled into adjacent mine field. He was forced to wait in the cockpit till mine squad cleared his way out.

-One Su-25 brought a missile in the engine which failed to detonate. (SAM?)

-Rutskoi's Su-25 was hit by AAA (ZGU) when a missile (Blowpipe) hit right engine (head on - it "turned off" the engine though the intake). Second AAA finally managed to shot it down. This is a second Frogfoot he flew (not the preproduction T-8-15 Blue 15 which was damaged twice). Rutskoi spent some time as Pakistani POW and was shortly exchanged.

su-25-08p05.jpg

BTW in OFP both the A-10 and Su-25, are not even close to his real armor.....

"And one thing when USA drop the Atomic Bomb at Japan in 1945 nobody said: Lets finish USA they are killers and at Vietnam they no one say it too when they made a lot of Nuke tests in the Bikini Atol, no one give a fuck when they drop trash all over the world no one says nothing too, when they say or you are my ally or you are my enemy no one say nothing or better only the countries that not fear USA say something, who they think they are, always tring to have all the world in they hands. But when USA is atacked everybody is crying and praying for USA"

This does not exist in the game but it's as far sa i know most deadly killer from Russia.

Sure US feared this capable of putting a it's payload into

orbit with it's booster.

Have been down the Norwegian airspace on simulated attacks BEFORE the F-16's even got on their wings.

This aircraft can deliver one type of missile that can make US carriers look like a floating junk yard.

With a big airspace this one will be great ingame bomber.

tu-160-2-prev.jpg

Technical data:

Type Tu-160D

Function bomber

Year 1985

Crew 4

Engines 4*22,940kg (25500kg?) NK-321

Landing weight 150,000kg

Speed M=2.05 at 12000m

Speed 1030km/h at 0m

Landing 280km/h

Max.Ceiling 18300m

Operating Ceiling 16000m

Climb at 0m 65m/sec

Range 12300km

Armament total load 40,000kg

24 AA Kh-25

16,300kg bombs and

2 rotary launchers

Each launcher can carry 12 Kh-15P (AS-16 "kickback") SRAMs or 6 Kh-55 (AS-15 "Kent"), recently replaced by AS-19

I mean the Mig29 or other Mig's and Su's are the best planes.

because they are fast and very agile. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grufty @ Feb. 08 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean the Mig29 or other Mig's and Su's are the best planes.<span id='postcolor'>

well that took a while

there is no need 4 specs when i went over this thread my head hurt.

this is a simple discussion so no specs!

That 3 colour blue camo looks really sweet on that frogfoot. With ppl thinking that russian aircraft are the best i can only laugh at that. They were never built to be the best just half as good and four times as easy to produce and maintain however as a war of attrition is unlikely if not impossible (nukes would start flying sooner or later) that is rather useless. So if i had a country id go US Aircraft all the way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coolcarlos @ Feb. 09 2002,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F-22...

F-22.jpg

Nothing more to say....

and does anyone know when we will get more info on the Stealth fighter F-119?<span id='postcolor'>

F-22 Raptor, protype name: YF-22

Has thrust vectoring engeines and stealth technology carries weapons internal also has 4 hardpoints for carrying weapons external. Still not entered US service, Israel Airforce is interested in buying this airplane.

Not very fast but can beat the F-16 to the table.

F-22 is the best better than Su's and MiG's it's their worst nightmare.

YF-22 has super cruise, meaning that it can reach supersonic speeds with out after burner (M 1.2 i think). I'd say thats fast biggrin.gif

The F-22 is stealthy giving it an advantage at BVR against SU-27/33/35, but as for a dog fight, I would love to see them in action.

actually supercruise means it can sustain a supersonic speed without afterburners(most decent fighters can easily break the sound barrier without an afterburner)

The SU-27 - 37 are the best, the F-22 only being good due to stealth (which adds roughly 80 billion to the production cost) remember that stealth planes can actually be easily detected by equipment as simple as thermal imagry cameras, and its pretty easy to see that the whole stealth idea will be outdated in the not too distant future meaning the US will have to put another few hundred billion into designing new technology.

tounge.gif i'm sorry its just i think the flankers kick bottom

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 11 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The SU-27 - 37 are the best, the F-22 only being good due to stealth (which adds roughly 80 billion to the production cost) remember that stealth planes can actually be easily detected by equipment as simple as thermal imagry cameras, and its pretty easy to see that the whole stealth idea will be outdated in the not too distant future meaning the US will have to put another few hundred billion into designing new technology.

tounge.gif i'm sorry its just i think the flankers kick bottom<span id='postcolor'>

Only if the camera's pointing in the right direction. Theres a lot of air space out there biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAKE_THE_SNAKE @ Feb. 10 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">actually supercruise means it can sustain a supersonic speed without afterburners(most decent fighters can easily break the sound barrier without an afterburner)<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't that what I said, with out afterburners. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Feb. 11 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The SU-27 - 37 are the best, the F-22 only being good due to stealth (which adds roughly 80 billion to the production cost) remember that stealth planes can actually be easily detected by equipment as simple as thermal imagry cameras, and its pretty easy to see that the whole stealth idea will be outdated in the not too distant future meaning the US will have to put another few hundred billion into designing new technology.

tounge.gif i'm sorry its just i think the flankers kick bottom<span id='postcolor'>

Only if the camera's pointing in the right direction. Theres a lot of air space out there biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

true, true biggrin.gif but still, it only takes one iraqi and his (extremly expensive and high tech termal) camera to get lucky one night and point out a lovely B2 for saddam's outdated AAA. tounge.gif

but seriously, i'm sure they'll find a way of easily detecting all the us stealth jets sooner or later.

That is til they can defract or absorb light on the fuselage or something, then they'll be set biggrin.gif they'll have there very own cloaking device wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 11 2002,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The SU-27 - 37 are the best, the F-22 only being good due to stealth (which adds roughly 80 billion to the production cost) remember that stealth planes can actually be easily detected by equipment as simple as thermal imagry cameras, and its pretty easy to see that the whole stealth idea will be outdated in the not too distant future meaning the US will have to put another few hundred billion into designing new technology.

Yes cause SU-35 and upwards i have heard that their radar is so powerful that it will burn through any stealth advantage.

And here's a victory list for air combat:

1 of 4 victories is made in a dogfight.

3 of 4 are made in BVR (beyond visual range)

F-22 is expensive and powerful but Modern SU's are deadly to the stealth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ Feb. 12 2002,10:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The SU-27 - 37 are the best, the F-22 only being good due to stealth (which adds roughly 80 billion to the production cost) remember that stealth planes can actually be easily detected by equipment as simple as thermal imagry cameras, and its pretty easy to see that the whole stealth idea will be outdated in the not too distant future meaning the US will have to put another few hundred billion into designing new technology.

Yes cause SU-35 and upwards i have heard that their radar is so powerful that it will burn through any stealth advantage.

F-22 is expensive and powerful but Modern SU's are deadly to the stealth.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't forget how incredibly flexible flankers are wink.gif they can double up as AWACs as well, not like those massive poncy american AWACs. No doubt with a big ass radar strapped on certain models will allow them an even bigger chance of detecting stealth aircraft

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 12 2002,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The SU-27 - 37 are the best, the F-22 only being good due to stealth (which adds roughly 80 billion to the production cost) remember that stealth planes can actually be easily detected by equipment as simple as thermal imagry cameras, and its pretty easy to see that the whole stealth idea will be outdated in the not too distant future meaning the US will have to put another few hundred billion into designing new technology.

F-22 is expensive and powerful but Modern SU's are deadly to the stealth.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't forget how incredibly flexible flankers are wink.gif they can double up as AWACs as well, not like those massive poncy american AWACs. No doubt with a big ass radar strapped on certain models will allow them an even bigger chance of detecting stealth aircraft<span id='postcolor'>

Yes those 2 seaters can be used as a mini AWACS.

Think it was the SU-30.

But still Tupolev has the best bombers.

The Black jack is a great example.