Sign in to follow this  
Mabes

Removing AutoSpot

Is there anyway that I can remove the ability for team members to automatically spot out enemy units from the mission itself (like through a script or the description.ext file)?

I've searched all over numerous forums and done numerous different searches on this and google, so don't tell me to search for it, I just want serious answers only.

Do you mean AI or players? For AI you could try disableAI "AUTOTARGET" but then your AI wouldn't be able to shoot anything, and I don't even know if it stops them from calling out enemies... but other than that nope, no disabling it. You can disable the radio but it will only remove the text and the voices, the enemies will still be spotted and the information shared among the squad. Why would you want to disable it though?

I think you want to disable the Auto Spot for you, right? Cos' AI units don't "auto-spot", they pretend they see the target and then give the warning for the entire squad.

If that's the problem, you can turn it off in the Options -> Difficulty. thumbs-up.gif

Not the AI, in my mission people start out parachuting and human players will start spouting off he locations of enemies (ie... 12 o'clock enemy vehicle 1000M)

I don't know if it is possible to prevent the sighting reporting feature. Reducing visibility conditions or making the enemy/unknown units less visible would be the easiest solution. You could also consider putting each human in a separate group.

I've tried making them "unknown" and lower the view distance, but it doesn't help. I'm probably just going to disable all radio chatter, since we (the 31st) are play over TS anyway.

No idea if it has any effect on players, but you could try setSkill.

KyleSarnik have you got SetSkill working at all? Tried it on AI and couldn't notice any difference even at min/max but I'm probably doing something wrong here?

/KC

No idea if it has any effect on players, but you could try setSkill.

KyleSarnik have you got SetSkill working at all? Tried it on AI and couldn't notice any difference even at min/max but I'm probably doing something wrong here?

/KC

Disable SuperAI in difficulty settings, that automatically sets their skill to 1.

In my testing in OFP, setSkill can not be used on human players - they will always have a skill of 1, no matter what skill is defined for that unit in the mission file.

Disable SuperAI in difficulty settings, that automatically sets their skill to 1.

Hmm, SuperAI has been disabled since day one here?

When I tried out before I was playing around with the aimingAccuracy, aimingShake and aimingSpeed on AI but could never notice any difference. Do you (or someone else) have a simple SetSkill array example to try?

PS: Apologies to you Mabes, wasn't my intention to hijack your thread.

/KC

Its all good, didn't seem like any one knew an answer anyway. Hopefully someone will eventually figure it out (even if its just someone who was nice enough to create a script)

Mabes,

Make each player his own group - IE - ungroup all your playable men.

Once they are ungrouped, that spotting will be gone.

Can someone tell me how to disable the radio chatter?   And also the audible chatter as well (Ai's who are not in your group, but within earshot of you) I have some custom voices and conversations going on in a mission I'm making, and it keeps getting interrupted by "Unknown car at 50 meters!" over and over while they're patroling down a street. :P   Disabling autotarget helped a little, but they still call out the cars they see directly in front of them.  

Would be nice to know how to turn it back on again too, so I can do so when it is needed in the mission.

You could try revealing all the units they are detecting (well) before the cut scene starts. It might work.

Bumping this up there for an answer on how to remove radio chatter. You suggested to do it, but didn't explain how it's done.