Sign in to follow this  
iGnitor

My very honest opinion

So after playing ArmA on MP, I've come up with the following;

-Netcode is much improved over OFP but could still do with further refinement to bring to up to the levels on Battleifield Series or closer to a LAN experience. BF does handle vehicles well and this is what I notice most about it. Although people may disagree, if you compare an average game of say BF2 and BF2142 to the ArmA/OFP series, you will notice far smoother movements in gameplay.

-Playability is very decent. Can feel a touch sluggish at times, but overall good. OFP had a slight edge over this but not by much.

-Ability to join during play is a big plus.

-Good atmospheric detail. I'm liking it very much so far.

-Nice sounds effects...

Perormance issues on my AMD 3200+ 64-bit: None whatsoever and generally plays very smooth.

Improvements to make: Online play performance- sweeten this up some more by refining the code that effects online play and lag issues and you have a sweet deal already. That's my personal take on it.

Single Player- To be tested.

Overall, it's coming along well but as always, it's not perfect and needs much fixing in quite a few areas. A postive result so far.

Lag will depend alot on the server.

Been on at least one server that handles 65 players easily. [c&h map - monitor scripts etc running]

So after playing ArmA on MP, I've come up with the following;

-Netcode is much improved over OFP but could still do with further refinement to bring to up to the levels on Battleifield Series or closer to a LAN experience. BF does handle vehicles well and this is what I notice most about it. Although people may disagree, if you compare an average game of say BF2 and BF2142 to the ArmA/OFP series, you will notice far smoother movements in gameplay.

-Playability is very decent. Can feel a touch sluggish at times, but overall good. OFP had a slight edge over this but not by much.

-Ability to join during play is a big plus.

-Good atmospheric detail. I'm liking it very much so far.

-Nice sounds effects...

Perormance issues on my AMD 3200+ 64-bit: None whatsoever and generally plays very smooth.

Improvements to make: Online play performance- sweeten this up some more by refining the code that effects online play and lag issues and you have a sweet deal already. That's my personal take on it.

Single Player- To be tested.

Overall, it's coming along well but as always, it's not perfect and needs much fixing in quite a few areas. A postive result so far.

Finally, someone who is'nt moaning about ArmA ... go that man yay.gif