Sign in to follow this  
eJay

1.05 Multiplayer crash

Situation is similar to 1.02. When I click "Join" ArmA CTD. I reinstalled whole game, delete all config files and profiles, apllied patch and crash again every time.

Please, give solution for that. It's totally leak of fun without playing with people mad_o.gif

My config:

AMD X2 3800

GF 7900 GS

1 GB RAM

mobo: Biostar Tforce4 Ultra AM2

Have you tried adding -maxmem=512 in your ArmA shortcut? I used to crash any time i pressed join, but not after I added that parameter.

Might be caused by a firewall issue.

What firewall or internet security software do you use ?

Are you using the on-board ethernet adapter ?

Router config ?

Might be caused by a firewall issue.

What firewall or internet security software do you use ?

Are you using the on-board ethernet adapter ?

Router config ?

I have Kerio Personal Firewall and Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet card. I permitted ArmA to use all needed ports and entries.

My mobo Nforce Networking Controller is off actually.

ok, here is the catch:

1. I disabled firewall, added this command in command line and now CTD is in 1 of 5 sessions. I can connect with every server and host it but...

2. If someone want to join my server, he can't download mission file huh.gif After few kb I see message about uploading file to player, but after couple seconds everything freeze and need to restart sad_o.gif

3. I also noticed that enabling EAX option can corrupt game when joining multi (kernel32.dll error).

Is it a problem with ethernet card??

yes, it must be the ethernet card, since we all have the same problem.

This is realy anoying, so it seems we have to wait for the next patch! I am a little anoyed since this issue was adressed in so many threads on this and other forums! And BIS dont blame it on our hardware settings since all other games work perfectly fine!

I disabled Nforce network card in BIOS and problem is still there.

Any solution?

I don't want to try, I want to play this hell game banghead.gif

Now, i Have kernel32.dll problem yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Can somebody from BIS tell that is definetely NVIDIA network controller on mobo?

i have the same as all of you. can't join any server i see. everytime it says: arma has detected a problem and must be closed

it started a few days after installing patch1.05. it worked for a while, but now i can't play with my team help.gif

Mine simply reboots the PC. Never could connect once, with 1.04 or 1.05, same thing. And I don't take the bullshit about Firewall (don't have any) or router (I forwarded the ports). And my Mobo is not NVidia!

you guys better love me for this..... buy me cookies and stuff........

i had the same problem and have now fixed it!!!!!

The problem is that your OpenAL file is out of date, theres a simple fix:

IMPORTANT: before you do this, make sure you delete this file - C:\WINDOWS\system32\OpenAL32.dll

Then visit- http://developer.creative.com/article....&aid=46

and download the installer.

running the installer will replace the file you deleted and sort the problem, please let me know if it works!

Tried the OpenAL32 installation. Zero change. Zap, black screen and immediate reboot. Everytime... help.gif

XP Pro...

Did you delete previous version of openal32.dll file in "system 32" folder? If not, try it.

Yep. Removed previous version... Getting depressed... Never could log into MP since bought the game... Got a clean XP install, though... Not like if dirty one... I mean, as much as a clean install of Windows can be clean...

Got the solution: I was in XP SP1. Installed SP2, and bing, all MP OK. Played all afternoon, no a single crash..... That simple. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Got the solution: I was in XP SP1. Installed SP2, and bing, all MP OK. Played all afternoon, no a single crash..... That simple. yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

I created a new partition and installed a Windows for ArmA only. Works great! smile_o.gif