Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Possible Tip: Save after editing Description.ext

Was just messing with the identities in Description and was getting frustrated that none of my changes were happening. Only after saving the mission again did the changes take place. (The description.ext was already saved as the changes happened straight after saving the mission in the editor)

I imagine others may come across the same issue so I'd thought I'd post.

Though I'm sure that I managed to alter the cfgsounds without re-saving the mission. Any comments/experience with this?

Do you mean save and re-load or just save?

In OFP changes to description.ext do not take affect until the mission is (re)loaded. This is because description.ext is read and loaded into memory upon loading the mission.

It's seemed to be after I clicked the Save button.

I'd re-started the mission a number of times after various tweaks to get it working but only after I clicked save and then restarted the mission did it work.

Come to think of it, it IS possible that I'd hadn't saved the mission again after creating the description.ext file. I would be supprised if that would be the case but possible.

Of course I had originally saved the mission at the start to get the mission folder.

Do you mean save and re-load or just save?

In OFP changes to description.ext do not take affect until the mission is (re)loaded. This is because description.ext is read and loaded into memory upon loading the mission.

Sure?

I have always just sticked to saving the mission and it worked as intended, in ArmA, as well as in OFP. smile_o.gif

Okay, just tested it. Saving alone does the trick, although why isn't as clear. It will obviously only work if you keep the same mission name. Always nice to learn something new wink_o.gif

I recall that in OFP you could hit either load or save button to reload the description.ext.