Sign in to follow this  
charlis

Brazilian Army soldier retexture

Hi guys, since the beginning, I´ve tried to make a Brazilian Army mod and was never abble to achieve it, for several reasons.

As I´m already a little bit familiar with the modeling and texturing process, I´m almost a moron concerning the Config.files and enherit properties and classes from another units and this kind of things.

well Arma gave us, Ofp fans, new horizons and I thought that thats a good moment to try to achieve that.

Well, I unpeboed the characters.pbo fle, found the textures for the soldier i´d like to retex (bluefor riflemem), edited the texture as i wanted keeping the same name size (for hex edition on the .pd3 file) than I copied the "enherit lines" in the Cfg Files from the Norwegian Soldier (NO_jeger) replacing the names of texture and model files names for those made my me.

Well as I don´t know very much about this, as soon as I open Arma, with my addon on Arma/addon folder, the game crash before the splash screen is shown.

Can anyone help me with these with a clear explanation for this config process or mybe correct what I made wrong in my stand-alone addon?

Sorry about writing so much in so bad english

Thanks in advance

Charlis

Have you managed to work out if it's your textures or

something in the config (can you "reconfig" a standard BIS

model, for example, without changing its textures to make it

appear in the editor menus as a Brazilian soldier)? I looked at

your config but it seems OK to me from a quick look. I'd like

to help more but I'm only starting myself to discover how all

this works in ArmA now.

Thanks for the answer mate, I did some more tests; opened some SWAT units (sorry can´t remember autor) and just change the texture path, to mine´s and pboed it again. I did the same with the previous mentioned NORwegian soldiers.

When i put the units into the editor and hit preview this happened:

with swat units:

Crashed to desktop, no special message received.

with Norwegian soldiers:

CTD but with a low memory crash.

Both addons work fine with their original textures.

I know for sure that I kept the resolution of my textures, the same of the originals, do we have to use any other specific "configuration" when saving the textures?

I do use photoshop cs with kegetys paa plugin. To change texture paths I´m using P3D Texture Swap Utility v1.0.2.

Does anybody has any clue?

Maybe any good soul ´d like to help me trying to apply my body texture in any working addon just to check if the problem is really with the texture?