Sign in to follow this  
bruun

Texture problem

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with very low texture details, even if I have set everything to high/very high (AA disabled) in the video options. The problem has been described briefly under another topic (which primarily disusses another issue): HELP!!! Can't play campaign properly

As others have experienced this problem as well, I thought it might deserve a topic of it's own.

An exampe of how the grapics look:

badGFX.jpg

Sometimes the textures look as they should, but this is very rare and mostly at the first few seconds, then everything is starting to look ugly.

The demo version doesnt have this problem, and it runs much smoother at the same settings.

My system specs:

Windows Vista Business 32bit

Nvidia 100.65 driver

Intel E6600 Conroe @ 3GHz

2 GB Corsair 800MHz ram (dual channel)

Evga GeForce 8800GTX ACS3 768MB

I have exactly the same system as you (only my Vista is 32 bit Home Premium), and I also experience this. However maybe not as often as you discribe. 8800 is a very unlucky choice if you wanna play ArmA right now. This is only one of many graphical problems reported by 8800 users. We can only hope a future driver will fix it I think.

there are a lot of people suffering from this problem, don't make new topic, read other topics smile_o.gif

probably engine of ARMA doesn't clean unused textures

there were some tests carried out by special software

after some alt+tab or mission restarts i have the same problem

only solve - quit game and start again if it can be done , or sometimes windows turns in 16 colors mode like in DOS, VGA 640*480 and i have to do reset

please read more existing topics smile_o.gif

no matter how big is VGA RAM - sooner or later it is full

no matter how big is VGA RAM - sooner or later it is full

That might be true, but all 768 megabyte of VRam shouldn't be filled out in a matter of seconds! And it suprises me, that I don't have any problems what so ever with the demo. One should think that the full game (UK version) ought to better optimized etc. Just as Marek Spanel have mentioned in this interview with Eurogamer.

Sorry about creating a new topic about something described elsewhere   confused_o.gif