Sign in to follow this  
Jack-UK

Noob question about multiple objectives

Hey im a noob editor, working on my first ArmA map.. never really got into OFP map making as i was crap. But now im determined to improve my crapness and make my first complete map smile_o.gif

But anyway, I have two objectives, this is probably really simple but icouldnt find anything about this in a thread with some searches... But how do i run a trigger which will check if both objectives have been completed and if it is true, it will end the mission?

Its obviously something really simple but im clueless wink_o.gif

Cheers in advance

one example of how to do-

eg if the 2 objectives were for example 2 men/Generals etc had to be assassinated? opfor?

name the two men- man1 and man2

in the trigger condition type:- not (alive man1) and not (alive man2)

in the condition field :- none

in the type field :- end#1 or whatever u need?

then when man1 is dead/man2 is dead the trigger is fired!

not sure what u trying to achieve but the men could be all so 2 tanks/planes etc etc aslong as u name them the same for the condition type in the trigger!

hope that makes sense and helps? wink_o.gif

Thanks for the response smile_o.gif

Sorry i should have been more descript in what i wrote. basically the two objectives are "not present" triggers, i want the mission to end once OPFOR are not present in BOTH triggers.

just wondering how i would go about that smile_o.gif

Cheers

silly idea but could u not put one big trigger round the whole island when all opfor are dead? wink_o.gif

edit:- how bout the big trigger as above to end the mission!

but 2 other triggers, one for each opfor situation to say text/hint=objective done-so does not end the mission!

but the big trigger will have the end mission cause no opfor will be alive??

gez damn hope that makes sense? crazy_o.gif

In the On Activation field of each trigger respectively put something like Obj1 = true and Obj2 = true, then put down an End#1 trigger which has Obj1 AND Obj2 in its condition field : once both are true, the mission should finish. smile_o.gif

Obviously, the variable name does not matter (doesn't need to be Obj1 and Obj2), and you can also use something like Obj1 = 1 if you find that to be more intuitive than boolean (true/false) variables, in which case you need to use Obj1 == 1 AND Obj2 == 1 instead in the end-trigger.

Good luck with your future editing!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Well it could work I suppose but i have a hint setup to tell players after an objective has been completed (so they know they dont have to hunt for the remaining AIs)

Cheers =)

EDIT: Thanks Wolfrog! I'll give that a try =)

EDIT2: Thanks a lot for your help Claw and Wolfrog, much appreciated! Got it working using Wolfrog's suggestion (i wanted to have my hints working too). =) thumbs-up.gif

no probs mate did edit other post to allow the hints!

nice one wolfrog couldn't remember for the life of me the obj1 & obj2

thing from ofp!! biggrin_o.gif

Don't name the triggers the same as the variables! Never have two things (i.e. units, variables, whatever) named exactly the same thing. This will cause all kinds of errors. Otherwise I'd say it looks ok (didn't have time to actually open the mission, just checked out the mission.sqm)

Good luck.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Good thread cus that answer one of my question :P

Just check 169th_Ice porblem and Wolfrug was right. obj1 & obj 2 was the same as the name. Once change the name, it work fine.

IC3FIRE

While we are on the subject about objective's & triggers, how do you do optional objective's?

Like f.e. your main mission is to blow up the three shilka's and your optional mission is to kill the officer.

How would you set up the trigger for that?

Also i see there is more than one "End#" on a trigger. Why is that?

Many Thanks

IC3FIRE

more than one end!

same mission! u have to rescue a general!

end#1 u rescued the general?

end#2 u didnt get to him quick enough so he gets assassinated! end mission but lose!

get the idea! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]While we are on the subject about objective's & triggers, how do you do optional objective's?

Like f.e. your main mission is to blow up the three shilka's and your optional mission is to kill the officer.

How would you set up the trigger for that?

Also i see there is more than one "End#" on a trigger. Why is that?

Many Thanks

IC3FIRE

You partly answered your own question here =). You can use the multiple ends as well for giving different endings if you completed the optional objectives, which is a nice touch. For example, maybe you make a cutscene for End1 where you see Shilka hulls burning on the horizon, choppers flying safely overhead.

Now for end two, maybe you have the dead officer lying on the ground, a couple of medics huddled around him trying to revive him, while off in the distance some choppers flying over the smoke that sits on the horizon from the choppers, flying low towards the camp of the dead officer.

It adds a nice touch of professionalism to the mission to do things like that.

As for ending the mission with multiple objectives, some of which are optional, just have your mission end triggers check to see which ones are true. Say you make it to the extraction zone, and it fires a trigger which checks to see if shilkas are toast and officer is dead. If the shilkas are toast the mission ends no matter what. If the officer is alive or not will trigger End#1 or End#2. If neither objective is fulfilled you just sit around the extraction zone holding your dick and looking beautiful.

Hey aparently some people have had issues with the ending of the mission... some people got the Debreifing screen, others didnt...

I was thinking maybe its due to 1 obj being completed before a player joins, then only players who were present in the game when BOTH objectives were completed will get the final obj...

This is just a guess.. but it seems logical (?) lol

Is there a way to sync this? Maybe setting the OBJ completed to 'repeat' or something? or will this constantly display the hint message or something? :S

Cheers smile_o.gif