Sign in to follow this  
Stugwi

NV Goggle

With NV googles on my vision is degraded to the point that I don't use them.

Is this normal?

nvgoogle.jpg

e6400

zalman 9700

geforce xfx 7900gs

Gigabyte ds4

Audigy card

Try adjusting the brightness and/or the gamma slider in the option menu.

/KC

Looks like high brightness to me. Try setting it down to 1.0 or even 0.9

I'm getting the same thing, except for me it's worse.

If I switch to NV, I get this luminous green oval in the middle of the screen that burns my eyes out - & I can't see a single object on screen. If I adjust brightness and gamma, then it completely messes up the settings for daylight. In fact I have to have the gamma set on virtually nothing for normal daylight to prevent further damage to my eyes!

Played on the following:

CPU QX6700

GPU GF8800gtx (97.92 drivers)

Mobo. Asus striker extreme.

2 GB Mem.

XP Prof.

confused_o.gif

Dont forget that your NV is REALLY bright for a few seconds then fades into a decent light. Give it time and make sure your Brightness is lowish. Its realistic Night Vision that adapts to surrounding light along with the adjustment of your eyes.

Ok yes i had not thought that changing brightness way down would be a solution (silly me).

It does seem daft that i have to have 1 brightness/gamma setting for nv goggle and another setting for daylight.

wow_o.gif

P.S Armed Assault is freekin' me out...i c wierd shit everytime i play it help.gif

I found a bug concerning the nightvision.

I cant seem to toggle them on. I press N, nothing happens. I go to options to see the key for it, it is N, but there seems to be another key Stick Slide -1 there too. And if I remove it (stick slide) and go back to game, and press N, it appears again to the list.

Ok yes i had not thought that changing brightness way down would be a solution (silly me).

It does seem daft that i have to have 1 brightness/gamma setting for nv goggle and another setting for daylight.

wow_o.gif

P.S Armed Assault is freekin' me out...i c wierd shit everytime i play it help.gif

Do you have altrenative pixel center turned on in direct3d settings. That affect to HDR and all light-effects... If it is turned on turn it off. I have ATI card and that thing worked.