Sign in to follow this  
Journeyman

More wildlife?

remember though.. for flocks of animals etc its gonna eat up a bit of CPU probably... it means AI will have to exist all around the map, then soldiers/vehicles/war on top of that :P

Or better, use some MMORPG-style spawning algorithm that spawns animals near the player, and cleans up when he leaves the area... no need to have them running around the entire island 24/7.

The AI will be nowhere near as complex for a decent effect. Like some other poster said, stand, move a bit, run away from 'x' (who cares where to...)

We use a stamina script-so you cant run for ever! You will die if u dont stop to eat rations!

So after awhile you have to stop and eat rations to regain your stamina!

So imagine that when we have run outta rations,ya shoot wildlife to eat and regain stamina!!! yay.gif

I think bigfoot would be cool. He could just be a guy in a ghillie(sp?) suit, but a bit taller and randomly roam the map.

Or monkies. . .monkies that have a terrible virus and turn people into zombies would be even cooler.

I noticed yesterday that the flight of the seagulls (not that I ever die, mind you!wink_o.gif is well animated with flaring of wings during descent and stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing a war game or Seagull Simulator 2007.

I noticed yesterday that the flight of the seagulls (not that I ever die, mind you!wink_o.gif is well animated with flaring of wings during descent and stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing a war game or Seagull Simulator 2007.

You playing ArmA so a "war game" end just need litll more animals! biggrin_o.gif