Sign in to follow this  
casum

Any chance of a 720p mod to fix overscan?

I display my PC on a 720p 32" HDTV and was wondering if it's possible to mod, or even just change config settings, to get the on screen interface in ArmA (ie, the HUD stuff at top and bottom of screen) to move position slightly?

At the moment the natural overscan at 1280x720 16:9 resolution cuts off half of the HUD at the top and bottom. A lot of games compensate for this res by shifting the position of the HUD to the "safe zones", but ArmA doesn't seem to be one of them.

Yes, it is possible by text editing the uiXXX entries in your NNN.ArmAProfile file in your My documents\Arma.

Just change following lines

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

uiTopLeftX=0.000000;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=1.000000;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

To something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

uiTopLeftX=0.075;

uiTopLeftY=0.075;

uiBottomRightX=0.925;

uiBottomRightY=0.925;

Thanks alot! I just need to keep messing with the values though, to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Would it be possible to use this as a crude way to hide the HUD? By setting it off screen? confused_o.gif