Sign in to follow this  
Stryge

Dedicated Server Doesn't appear in Browser

Hello,

My Dedicated Server does not appear in browser since today. Impossible to make it appear.

It is really strange, 'cause the server is available if I enter directly its IP in the browser sad_o.gif But it is not really usefull, Players need to know it to join it. confused_o.gif

Server can be joined by IP, it's running well, only 47 ping on it, but it's not available on the browser sad_o.gif

My Dedicated Server version is v1.04.512

I did not make modification to server.cfg file since a long time, and server worked perfectly before today.

My file is the following:

Quote[/b] ]

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// server.cfg

passwordAdmin = "***"; // password to protect admin access

password = ""; // password required to connect to server

hostname="[shark] Team [FR]";

maxPlayers=24;

motd[]= {"Bienvenue sur le Serveur [shark]","www.sharkteam.eu",}; // Welcome message, two lines "," means 'new line'

motdInterval=5; // if motd has multiple lines, how fast to show these in succession (default is 5 seconds).

voteThreshold=0.33; // when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // private server - no reporting ("armedass.master.gamespy.com" to report to the master server)

voteMissionPlayers=3; // start voting for missions when 3 players connect

checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"}; //list of files to check for identity

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

equalModRequired=1; // require equal mod

disableVoN=1;

class Missions

{

class MPCTF_01 // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = MP09CaptureTheFlag3.Sara;

cadetMode = 1; // difficulty 0=veteran 1=cadet (not only AI, but radar, map etc)

};

};

Is anyone know how to resolve this real problem ?

[shark]-Stryge.

Two things I've noticed about the dedicated server.

1/ it takes some time like a few mins to show in the gamespy servers.

2/ if you hosting behind a router you need to be clicked on lan to see it, even though its on the Internet and others can join.

I also had exactly the same problem last night after a server restart. I spent the best part of an hour trying to get it show. I think it is now...

My feeling is that is was something to do with Gamespy's reporting server. You could try master.gamespy.com instead of armedass.master.gamespy.com they both seem to work, infact Marek's latest dedicated server readme file stated the use of master.gamespy.com.

Hope this helps

Thx Jman2704,

I may found an alternative solution.

In fact, i suppose it is the DNS adress the prob. I've replaced it tonight by its corresponding IP, and it seems to work correctly.

Need to survey, but actually, server is in the browser... hope it will stay

i suppose it is the DNS adress the prob. I've replaced it tonight by its corresponding IP, and it seems to work correctly.

Not sure what you mean by this, could you explain further?

Just out of interest, can you see mine ok?

well, in you server.cfg file you have the command line:

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

replace "armedass.master.gamespy.com" by "207.38.11.34", its corresponding IP to have:

reportingIP="207.38.11.34";

Ok I understand. Thats ok unless Gamespy change their ip for armedass.master.gamespy.com

Not sure if they ever do though.

Shark je vois ton serveur mais pas le mien sad_o.gif J'ai utilisé les recommandation de ce post. Je me vois en lan mais pas sur le serveur Gamespy...