Sign in to follow this  
Heron

Counter Attack

Having major problems with the mission Counter Attack.

I get right up to the end, where you have to secure the DMZ, but it just won't end. I've killed everyone in the town I can find. I've sent my squad over the entire town step by step. I've spent two hours wandering around. I'm happy there's no-one left alive. Even friendly tanks and choppers are just hanging around not doing anything.

What now? There's just nothing more I can do, that I can see.

Any suggestions???

Same here stuck, Cheats come in handy around now no???

No-one say revert whistle.gif

Have to say, if that's a cryptic clue, you got me, sorry.

Any chance of some help, please? I really could use a hand.

the apprant fix is to revert back to chopper misson and NOT do any side missons, however you have 2 do everything again and thats not cool!

Ah. Oh well. Thanks for the advice. As you say, not very cool. In fact, really quite sucky sad_o.gif

that's the mission that has you starting with Strykers, then destroy 2 Shilkas, watch Cobras destroy enemy armor, move into town and meet up with Marine tanks, right?

that mission went fine with me. the only thing that didn't work out was the Marine tanks; i found them destroyed not far from the bridge in the city.

i just wandered around (which was a pain in the ass because my legs we're shot) and killed every last one of them.

Mission's doing my head in now. I've spent over five hours just trawling the streets. I've even sent off my squad to all areas individually to look for soldiers. I've searched every (open) building and ruin, I've even re-destroyed all tank carcasses.

I'm literally at wit's end, now. Gutted.

Anyone else got any suggestions, please?

Same problem, mission wont end. The mission in general is a great plan but seems to be buggy. The Strykers at the start were just driving all over the place, right past enemy troops. In the end just had to hop out when they got vaguley near the drop off point. Personally I just used the end mission cheat: Left Shit and - (minus key) held down then type ENDMISSION. I dont see it as cheating because the enemy is dead and the DMZ is clear... thats my excuse anyway, saves having to revert to not do the helicopter missions.

EDIT: Forgot to add its the NUMPAD minus key, so 2nd Function button as well if on Laptop.

Fan-bloody-tastic, thanks for that, I felt sure there was an end-mission cheat. Now I can finally progress past this damn mission. Cheers!

Same problem, mission wont end. The mission in general is a great plan but seems to be buggy. The Strykers at the start were just driving all over the place, right past enemy troops. In the end just had to hop out when they got vaguley near the drop off point. Personally I just used the end mission cheat: Left Shit and - (minus key) held down then type ENDMISSION. I dont see it as cheating because the enemy is dead and the DMZ is clear... thats my excuse anyway, saves having to revert to not do the helicopter missions.

My Hero notworthy.gif

you should still be able to do it, on my laptop its written in blue on the right half of my keyboard. You can usually access it by holding the function key and then the appropriate button smile_o.gif

Might differ with your laptop however

Yeah I'm stuck with the exact same problem. Gonna try that end mission thing. Thanks for posting it. smile_o.gif

I had to use it in the end to get past that blasted mission but it worked a treat, thank god.

This is bloody ridiculous.. I can't even get to the first waypoint because of all the antics of the strykers moving up past the burning tanks, then back gain, then staying put for a coupel of minutes, then back again to the burning tanks, then back to the start..

Jesus did BIS even beta test any of these maps?? Never known anything so shoddy in all my life and I'm very surprised given all the far superior user made missions around..

Not a good welcome to a non ofp player I tell you...

Jesus.. mad_o.gif

Ahh, didn't see that someone before me had the mad strykers bug! Posted a new topic, sorry bout that.