Sign in to follow this  
Mastah

Problem with the SPR mk12 weapon

When i die in the first mission with the SPR, the model of the weapon become invisible as soon as i relaunch or auto reload the mission.

So, i can't use the weapon at all for sniping because the cross don't appear in zoom mode.

And the problem remain "active" in other mission or campaign after that.

I can "solve" the problem by deleting the save game but it's not great...

[Edit] arma version (french) : 1.4.0.5121

I got the same problem with the same version (1.04 Fr).

It happens in the second part of the mission (with Mike when U succeed in 1st part).

It looks as if the weapon model had become totally painted with alpha channel : can use it, use optics, zoom ... but have nothing of the model displayed (in some view I think that 1 color remains).

BTW there is a painful solution : exit the game (Alt F4) & relaunch => the spr12 is correcly loaded once then (once because at the next reload of the savegame the bug reappears => re Alt F4 ...)

if useful, my PC: XP Pro Athlon 1800+ / 1GB DDR / 9600Pro 256MB / a little bit laggy in 800X600X32 low details

I get the same problem with the 505 release in the "blood sweat and tears" single mission, except I don't need to die at all. If I choose to play the specops type, when he's given the option to take the spr, the gun model is invisible.

And me, once it starts don't even get the weapon in editor mode.

Uninstalled whole program and re installing to see if that fixes it, will let you know........

It maybe not work, but did you guys try lowering the model detail or texture detail settings? Just saying as i once had it too with the SPR (ArmA GER 1.02). Lowering the detail settings popped the weapon up again for me. Like i said, it maybe doesn't help in your case (and a real bug), but it helped me once...

In my case i was running ArmA on a 3Gh-1Gbram-9800pro, so it was a bit 'normal' whistle.gif and lowering settings made it reappear.

Same problem here, but most US weapons seems to not show up after a long time of playing