Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

custom faces for AI

In Ofp I used to put custom faces to the AI by putting the jpg. file into the mission folder and adding this setface "face1.jpg", to the units init line, that dons't seem to work with arma, so how do I add a custom face to the AI?

ArmA uses setidentity which uses description.ext.

In unit's init field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setidentity "bob"

In description.ext:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgIdentities

{

class bob

{

name="Bob Doe";

face="Custom";

glasses="None";

speaker="amy";

pitch=1.8;

};

};

I put a face named face.jpg in the mission file, not sure how to make it work for multiple identities because I've never tried it. smile_o.gif

Maybe the face should be face or face.jpg instead of Custom, I only used it to show my custom face on another unit anyway.

the face didn't work but the name "bob doe" did, and the silly voice, you gave ne quite a scare there, thought the sound was screwed up.

I also tried to add another person in the description, but I couldn't make it work, I just got an error when loading the mission.

class CfgIdentities

{

class bob

{

name="Bob Doe";

face="Custom";

glasses="None";

speaker="amy";

pitch=1.8;

};

};

how do i continue this?

class CfgIdentities

{

class bob

{

name="Bob Doe";

face="Custom";

glasses="None";

speaker="amy";

pitch=1.8;

};

class bobus

{

name="Bobus Doe";

face="Custom";

glasses="None";

speaker="amy";

pitch=1;

};

};

I tink that should work. Atleast thats how the system worked for ofp so just give it a go.

hmm never heard of any of these ideas working befor in ofp or arma.

the way was to define your own custom classes in an addon pbo

then setface in editor.

The description example was used for default bis identities that where defined in the ofp config.

the reason the exapmple above will work cause custom face is the face you have persoanally in your users/profile .

the problem also is when the unit dies using the custom addon face with identities when he dies his face turns back.

and also if your trying to change the face of a unit whos face was textued in 02 its a flickering mess.

so in essence try going to ofp.info look for a custom faces adddon convert it too arma and bobus or bob is your uncle wink_o.gif.

if am wrong shoot me , if i am right just happy to be of service.

come to think of it, I just got the custom faces in ofp to work with one addon, one of the early ones, i think it was a recolour of the resistance to woodland to make them look like rangers, they are quite old, but for now just adding some names to the units will do, I never got how to do that before.

ArmA uses setidentity which uses description.ext.

In description.ext:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

glasses="None";

speaker="amy";

Is it possible that glasses="Spectacles (and Sunglasses)" don`t work in ArmA?

Can anybody give me the list of the speakers in Arma?

Here you can find the list for Operation Flashpoint, but i need it for ArmA:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setIdentity

Thx for any replies! smile_o.gif

Here are the voices

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">adam_old

alan

amy

bart

brian

chris

damian

dan

dan_old

dan_whisper

dusan

eduardo

george_old