Sign in to follow this  
jf84

Icons, when rearm etc

Can you switch between icon/text when you rearm at a soldier.. i hate the icons or whatever they are called

Exampels

Picture1

Picture2

Edit: For those who dont understand what i mean. Can you disable the icons when you eg. rearm at a soldier or drive a car and have text instead? It seems that sometimes the text appear and sometimes the icons.. i dont know why. Those two pictures are taken at the same time on two different soldiers lying on the ground

...is there anything more you'd like to tell us...?

Edit: Wait, there is more coming! Oh yes what is up with that? Why two ways to show you can pick up a weapon?

What is the point of this topic?

Edit: Ok nevermind, I see you edited your post

...is there anything more you'd like to tell us...?

sry i clicked the submitbutton before I was finnished :P

Those two icons do two quite different things. The text one is a shortcut to a particular action while the graphical one is the shortcut to the "Gear" action.

All the center screen images (text or an icon) are all just shortcuts to items on the action list. Asking why they need redundancy is kind of like asking why Windows needs a Programs list of shortcuts when you could navigate and double click on the *.exe instead in the directory. Of course you can disagree with how they do it, I do.

I'm not sure if this does it, but all of the actions with icons seem to have showWindow = 1 in their config.

So... in the config.bin, find class CfgActions, then find the sub class for that specific action, and change showWindow = 1 to showWindow = 0.

Ex., change this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rearm: None

{

priority = 0.500000;

showWindow = 1;

text = "$STR_ACTION_REARM";

textDefault = "$STR_ACTION_REARM";

};

To this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Rearm: None

{

priority = 0.500000;

showWindow = 0;

text = "$STR_ACTION_REARM";

textDefault = "$STR_ACTION_REARM";

};

See what that does (if anything).

okey, ill give it a try thanks wink_o.gif

Good to know and hope it works... All the icons reminds me of vanilla oblivion.. Immersion killers.