Sign in to follow this  
Badassdom

converting cpp into bin in Arma

I have been trying to edit the characters pbo in ArmA to up the armor/hitpoints of the soldiers, but after converting the .bin config to .cpp the game apparently can't read the config anymore, so i figured the config needs to re-binned but cpp2bin(the only tool i know) doesn't seem to be able to convert the file again.

So the question can someone help me along? help.gif

ur probably using too old tools, even for converting from bin--> cpp, which is probably the reason why it still doesnt work if you delete the config.bin and only leave the config.cpp smile_o.gif

Get the new tools from Kegetys: www.kegetys.net

I used the Kegetys tools for arma, but if leave the config in text/cpp the game can't read it

This is what if tried so far

I un binned the characters file with "ArmAUnbin" and edited the config and removed the original bin. config and repbo the file with kegetys "cpbo", the result was no infantry in game

i also tried the same without editing the config and the result was the same

Well,don't use armaunbin.It doesn't work,use eliteness\depbo\unrap\save as config.cpp.I have found out that characters.pbo doesn't work after repacking!!!I have tried many programs for repacking,kegety's cpbo works best.