Sign in to follow this  
{USI}_Zombie

switchmove animations

since the list of animations is not any language I can decipher, I wrote this little script to determine what the animation name is...a little clunky but it works...btw what I needed turned out to be "para_pilot"...which is not in the biki!

Quote[/b] ]

;::::::::::::::::::::::::

;state.sqs

;determines the switchmove name of a particular action

;author {USI}_Zombie

;created 1/24/2007 4:41:31 PM

;call by putting "[] exec "state.sqs"" in any initialization field

;____

;::::::::::::::::::::::::

#start

_state = animationstate player;

hint format ["%1",_state]

~2

goto "start"

Intersting

So the names that come up are not the same names that the Bis Biki show? As in, the names that come up actually describe/ point to somewhat in english what the switchmove type is?

Personally plan on having to document/test alot, if not all the switchmoves later (if someone doesent by then), this may help some with that.

what the hint shows IS the codes that are in the biki...but I saw the biki was rather incomplete. My script will give you the name of the animation, but you actually have to "do" the animation. I guess it's useful if you know what you want, and can do it in-game, and just need to know the name of it...like in my case I needed the name for when the character was in a parachute.

The script can help fill in the biki, just kind of in reverse. Run the script, do something ingame, see what the move is, then see if it is described in the biki or not.

If you use the AnimChanged event handler, you can get all the transitional anims to:

From the units init field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">This AddEventHandler ["AnimChanged",{Player SideChat (_This Select 1)}]

A lot of the wiki is populated by guys in their spare time, I don't think they got the game any quicker than anyone else? So yeah, I'm sure they would appreciate the help.

These are both handy techniques, thanks for sharing them.

I'm trying to find the animation for left lean and right lean, and neither of these techniques are showing a different animation for leaning. I also can't find them in the Biki.

Any idea how to find the lean animations?

is this script for complete Transition for Real_Halo.xsqs ?

If you have the "convertion" done can you post it pls ?

Thx wink_o.gif

is this script for complete Transition for Real_Halo.xsqs ?

If you have the "convertion" done can you post it pls ?

Thx wink_o.gif

I ALMOST have the conversion complete....All the AI will activate their chutes properly, but the player won't unless I comment out the line for the player to activate chute. If I do that the player will auto open just like the AI.....

If anyone knows how to reach toadlife, or can fix that one little hurdle, A lot of us would appreciate it...the script can be found here:

real_halo.xsqs