Sign in to follow this  
Hillslam

TEAMSWITCH

Ok, I cannot seem to get TEAMSWITCH enabled in the missions I create in multiplayer.

Works fine in the editor. I've got plenty of playable units.

I've tried a trigger keyed off when player dies, and it pops the TEAMSWITCH dialog when the player dies in the editor like it should. But when I export it and play it multiplayer... nothing.

I've tried setting TEAMSWITCHENABLED=true in a trigger, in an init, in the ext file, still no teamswitch in multiplayer.

The teamswitch keys are all mapped, and *they* work fine in the editor as well. But try as I might I cannot pop the teamswitch dialog automatically in multi upon player death or call it by keypress (but I don't need the latter). Aarg.

All it does when the player dies in multi is switch them automatically to the next playable soldier in their starting group, and thats it. When they run out of alive playable ai in their group, they're done.

HOW do I get this working in multiplayer? I really don't want to dynamically spawn the player, I want to keep the soldier counts set for my coop missions, but I need for the players to be able to switch to other groups on death.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to make this work. The frigging thing. I was so excited about teamswitch feature in ArmA, but now I'm growing to hate it.

Any help appreciated.

Team switch is only SP feature.

So just like respawn=5 in OFP that never got implemented, there's no way in ArmA to allow players to switch groups on death in multi?

$%^& - its back to rigged-up SelectPlayer for me.

You probably know this, but you can "respawn to group" in multiplayer. You may not be able to switch teams, but at least you can spawn into another soldier within your group when you are killed.

You know you can change your role at any time in MP by returning to the selection screen... whistle.gif Hence there's no reason for a teamswitch dialog.

You know you can change your role at any time in MP by returning to the selection screen... whistle.gif Hence there's no reason for a teamswitch dialog.

Exactly. Just press Escape, Quit, and when your in the Selection screen don't quit of the server and pick a new dude.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Unfortunately I'm aware of all that. What I'm looking for is an automatic way of pushing the player into the next group when their last playable character in their current group dies.

This matches up with my mission scenarios ideas that I was never able to bring neatly to OFP.

For example:

- a force defends a bridge from an overwhelming force and dies to the last man, then friendly reinforcements retake the bridge. I want my players to be able to play both facets of this mission.

etc.

Looks like I'll have to keep using kludgy selectplayer scripts, which sucks.

All the squads that are to be playable are already set as playable. Thats not the problem.

I'm talking about moving from one playable group to another playable group automatically on player death of the last member of the first group. It cannot be done via teamswitch in multiplayer.

I've got to hardcode the whole bloody thing up in scripts, checking for who's available and who's not and thats just a pain in the ass when teamswitch *should* have been made callable in multi as well.

selectPlayer (which is the basic functionnality you are searching for) works like a charm in MP

teamSwitch is just an added GUI for it.