Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

this setpos (nearestBuilding this buildingPos 1)

I tried to insert a man to a building with this command in his init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos (nearestBuilding this buildingPos 1)

And he vanished... I try to fing him, but he's nowhere... I tried other position numbers but same. (I put him very close to the building...)

Finally I set him to player and I found myself in the ocean far-far from my place...

What's the problem? Why didn't work this command?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">house = nearestBuilding this; this setPos (house buildingPos 1)

i could get it to work by breaking it up.....not sure if it can be done like you want it. If you ended up in the ocean my guess is your at the lower left hand corner of the map at 0,0.

Your Syntax is right!

this setpos (nearestBuilding this buildingPos 1)

But this house must have a definated position!

Set your unit on the hotel with this syntax and you´ll see that the unit will stay in the entrance. Use 258 and the´ll stay at the roof.

The other syntax works too. So your building will get a name.

Regards,

Mr-Murray

Mr-Murray:

My building have positions... When I walking in it, I can order my men to go to positions... (I saw the position numbers when I place the order). But when I use the command - waht you say is correct - the man setPos into the ocean... huh.gif

Other: your arma guide are only in german? there is an english version? I saw (and use) your artillery script and I'm interested your guide...