Sign in to follow this  
avi13

Few questions about mission editing

'Ello all, im new to editing in ArmA.

I tried searching the wiki for information, but it just confused me, i did a forum search but nothing came up.

Heres what i have in mind, you start in a helicopter as cargo[this moveInCargo heli1] and you get flown about 2k to enemy town, and you[together with about 60 other troops] have to parachute down and take-over the city from the SLA

How do i make the soldiers parachute from the helicoper?i tried giving them disembark waypoint, getout..none worked - they never used eject,specificly, 1 soldier each second, not faster or slower, i tried using:

a action ["EJECT", heli1]

It worked, but it doesnt seem to make sense to give names to each of the 60 troopers and then typing it again in the waypoint, there must be a better way

The helicopters are in different group as the soldiers, how do i make them "fly away" once everybody are out?

Also, when all the SLA troopers in the city are dead, the SLA will counter-attack the town with tanks, and when the tanks arrive, attack-copters will come to assist you, how do i do all of that?smile_o.gif

Thanks for your help.

Start small, mate. If you jump into it head over heels you'll only tire out and accomplish little.

For now, I'd advise you to go to the OFP editing center at http://www.ofpec.com/ and see what thse guys have to say. Alternately, there is an editing FAQ on this very site, which will answer all of the above questions for you.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=26723

Lastly, try not to ask questions like this again, instead search for the answers, and if you find nothing, search again. 99% of all questions regarding mission editing have already been answered somewhere.

Hope this helps.

hund is spot on .. ofpec editors depot has a arma script to eject any unit from any vehicle (including airborne) ..

hund is spot on .. ofpec editors depot has a arma script to eject any unit from any vehicle (including airborne) ..

Is it working?

Whenever i open that site,

Quote[/b] ]

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description

[DIR] Parent Directory 11-Jan-2007 22:22 -

Servage.net Cluster/(Enhanced Apache) Server at www.ofpec.com Port 80

cheers for that thread link hunds, it answered my question for parachuting, didnt finish reading the entire thread yet.

yeah  ofpec is in downtime  .. be back soon was the message i recieved ..

here is the script. save it to note pad call it para.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_Group = _this select 0

_Vehicle = _this select 1

_listunits = units _Group

_A = 0

_B = count _listunits

#KEEPSENDING

_listunits select _A action ["EJECT", _vehicle]

Unassignvehicle (_listunits select _A)

_A=_A+1

~.5

?_B >_A:goto "KEEPSENDING"

~.5

MoveNext = TRUE

call the script from trigger with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[name of group to eject,name of vehicle to eject from] exec "para.sqs"

I'm trying to get the entire squad inside the copters, but it keeps giving me an error, the code is taken from the link above

(in the ini line of the squad leader)

Quote[/b] ]

mygroup=group this; "_x moveincargo" foreach units mygroup

foreach:Type String, expected code

whats wrong with it? confused_o.gif

I'm trying to get the entire squad inside the copters, but it keeps giving me an error, the code is taken from the link above

Quote[/b] ]

Some strings have to be code since ArmA. Check the biki for more info on that.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mygroup=group this; {_x moveincargo vehicle} foreach units mygroup

Quote[/b] ]

Some strings have to be code since ArmA. Check the biki for more info on that.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mygroup=group this; {_x moveincargo vehicle} foreach units mygroup

cheers mate smile_o.gif

Hmmp, iv got a problem now.

i want a US helicopter to start flying to its waypoints once a trigger has been activated, the trigger is activated by independant jeep nearby..how exactly do i do that?

i tried searching for nearly 15 minutes - nothing came up and ofpec is still down ;(

sorry for the mis information av13  forgot  to take into account  changing "" to {}.

try making the choppers first waypoint get out and place it real close to chopper .. sync this with trigger (jeep activated)

set trigger type as switch ..

make his 2nd waypoint getin again real close to chopper

when trigger is activated pilot will reboard chopper then have his 3 rd waypoint as the beginging of his travel route...